PDA

View Full Version : Anorexia: Your Thoughts.

thehardcoreone
April 3rd, 2016, 04:42 AM
I'm over weight. The only people that ever taunt me about this now are my family. My mum calls me fat, ugly, fat cow, eats everything in sight. I'm not that big. I've been losing my appetite, I have to force myself to eat. I've went to my school nurse who called my mum who accuses me of starving myself. I've decided to give into it. I'm going to reduce my portions each day to become skinny.

Whats your story?

Fractured Silhouette
April 4th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Woah, bad idea. Becoming "skinny" to an anorexic degree will not solve your problems and will probably make them worse.

As a recovering anorexic I had gotten to a point were I was at risk of dying in my sleep and had to be admitted into hospital for about 6 weeks. So the only place you'll end up if you continue down this path is dead or in hospital with a tube forced down your throat.

If you're determined to lose weight, try to do it in a healthy way.

http://bmicalculator.cc/bmi-formula

This link provides the formula for calculating your bmi, as long as you are 18 and above you are at a healthy weight and should focus on maintaining rather than losing weight, no matter what your mother says.

Stay safe please.

West Coast Sheriff
April 4th, 2016, 09:45 PM
I'm over weight. The only people that ever taunt me about this now are my family. My mum calls me fat, ugly, fat cow, eats everything in sight. I'm not that big. I've been losing my appetite, I have to force myself to eat. I've went to my school nurse who called my mum who accuses me of starving myself. I've decided to give into it. I'm going to reduce my portions each day to become skinny.

Whats your story?

Rather, try a healthy diet and exercise. It's also good for your mental and emotional health and will make you feel much better. I suffered an ED a while back and it didn't make me happy or anything. Clean eating and exercise helped me find a road to recovery.

GothSwimmer
April 5th, 2016, 07:58 AM
I recommend swimming. Such a fun form of exercise, and it works out your entire body. It also means you get to keep eating cakes, which I love.

Let Me Be a Pony
April 6th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I recommend swimming. Such a fun form of exercise, and it works out your entire body. It also means you get to keep eating cakes, which I love.

Cakes are bae. Swimming and cakes are best bae.

thatgothgirluknow
April 6th, 2016, 10:06 PM
i agree with the others an eating disorder is not the way it's a horrible horrible thing

Rendez-Vous
April 8th, 2016, 09:05 AM
yeah, swimming(or any exercises) are good
but i've heard that it's better to run with little speed and not to exhaust yourself for more time than run faster exhausting yourself for small amount of time(is my thought clear?)
but don't go too deep enough, anorexia is such a bad thing imo
being a little over weight is much better than being anorexic

lemondrop
April 9th, 2016, 04:50 PM
If you gonna starve you won't lose weight,you need to slowly reduce calories intake every week. Cuz if you just gonna cut to no food or smth like that ,the fat will drop fast,but also you will gain that fat as fast as u dropped (when u gonna start eating again) ,just control calories,do some sports

Londongirl01
April 17th, 2016, 06:44 AM

I do loads of swimming and it is great at keeping you trim- starving yourself if never a good idea as it'll just lead to bad eating habits. I think whatever you choose, you some form of exercise you enjoy as then it won't be a chore xxxxxx

Xiao.Z
April 21st, 2016, 03:33 PM
I'm 4'10" and 82lbs my BMI is 17 something doctor say I'm under weight but I am not know what to do I eat many food most is fruit and vegetable. I not like sweets but family always want me sweets after last meal but sweet make feel sick. Doctor say I border of anorexic but I feel healthy and always have energy. I not know of how gain weight. Doctor say weight why I have not menstrual time and I am not healthy.

Supermeggs12
May 15th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Starving is not a safe weight-loss method.

Flapjack
May 21st, 2016, 09:32 AM

Whats your story?

Be reallyyyy careful my friend:) Lose weight too fast and your body will work against you by lowing your metabolism. Obviously I don't know whether you're a healthy weight or overweight etc so check with a doctor to see if you actually need to lose weight.

0.5-1kg a week is safe.

Try to eat healthy foods and work out is my advice:)

Body odah Man
May 23rd, 2016, 06:27 AM
Agreeing with the eat healthy and work out people

Lina756
September 5th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Exercising and following a healthy well-balanced diet will surely help you.

ImCoolBeans
September 5th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Please don't bump threads with more than two months of inactivity :locked: