PDA

View Full Version : Chronic laziness is holding me back.

Microcosm
April 2nd, 2016, 10:53 PM
This could just be me trying to be an over-achiever, but I'm kind of worried. I pretty much always want to sleep. I can't just force myself to do some things that I have to do or am obligated to do.

Anyone got any ideas for fighting laziness? I was thinking maybe I could just stock up on energy drinks, but maybe I'm thinking inside the box so to speak.

P.S. I posted in this section because this problem effects me largely in school and such.

Hudor
April 3rd, 2016, 12:58 AM
The urge to sleep all the time might be an indication of Vitamin D deficiency or another health problem which has this symptom in common though this is a dim possibility since feeling sleepy is not a major indicator of any problem. But you might want to get a checkup done just to confirm it's not just laziness holding you back.

ImCoolBeans
April 4th, 2016, 08:05 AM
I think energy drinks would be a lazy or unhealthy solution that wouldn't really help your problem in the long run. If you can't get yourself motivated, the problem could be greater than just feeling tired alone. Have you put any thought into why you're feeling this way? What is causing you to want nothing to do with work/school work (other than "it sucks") ?

Extreme lack of motivation and the urge to sleep most of the day could be a sign of depression. Lack of energy could also be a sign of certain illnesses as Hudor explained. Have you been feeling depressed lately?

Microcosm
April 4th, 2016, 10:14 PM
I think energy drinks would be a lazy or unhealthy solution that wouldn't really help your problem in the long run. If you can't get yourself motivated, the problem could be greater than just feeling tired alone. Have you put any thought into why you're feeling this way? What is causing you to want nothing to do with work/school work (other than "it sucks") ?

Extreme lack of motivation and the urge to sleep most of the day could be a sign of depression. Lack of energy could also be a sign of certain illnesses as Hudor explained. Have you been feeling depressed lately?

I actually did think that might be the case, but I don't really feel very depressed and haven't felt anything recurring and significant for a while now.

It's a valid explanation but it doesn't seem to apply to me. I wish it were as simple as that though because I have sort of learned to deal with any depressive impulses.