PDA

View Full Version : Batman vs Superman

Ratman1234
April 2nd, 2016, 06:12 PM
Anyone watched bvs? Personally I loved it. I dunno why the critics are slaughtering it so much.

Sheriff McGregor
April 2nd, 2016, 06:21 PM
I haven't seen it yet! But it looks good, I'll have to try and see it soon

Taryn98
April 3rd, 2016, 05:12 PM
I really liked it. I don't think it compares to the Avengers or Dark Knight or anything but it's still a solid super hero movie.
I would have made it a little shorter, and maybe explained something about Batman still being active fighting crime. Last we saw in Dark Knight Rises he was retired or something to that effect. Is this supposed to be an unrelated movie? Did these events happen before Dark Knight? It just doesn't tie the stories together like it should. The Avengers have been very careful to tie all the individual stories into the bigger picture. I think they should have done the same here.

Mars
April 3rd, 2016, 05:45 PM
I really liked it. I don't think it compares to the Avengers or Dark Knight or anything but it's still a solid super hero movie.
I would have made it a little shorter, and maybe explained something about Batman still being active fighting crime. Last we saw in Dark Knight Rises he was retired or something to that effect. Is this supposed to be an unrelated movie? Did these events happen before Dark Knight? It just doesn't tie the stories together like it should. The Avengers have been very careful to tie all the individual stories into the bigger picture. I think they should have done the same here.
The same director and the same actors didn't act in this movie. It's supposed to be unrelated to The Dark Knight series as TDK was based off the graphic novel of batman, while presumably this was based off the Justice League and regular DC universe... which I don't even understand why Superman was fighting with Batman in the first place

Ratman1234
April 3rd, 2016, 05:46 PM

The dark KNIGHT trilogy and bvs aren't in the same universe. DC are trying to replicate marvel and create their own DCU and they started it off with man of steel. The dark KNIGHT trilogy was supposed to be its own standalone trilogy and doesn't tie into the DCU movies

Taryn98
April 4th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the explanations. It would have been better if that was explained in some of the pre-release press so people don't go into it confused. Nevertheless, still a good movie.

everlong
April 4th, 2016, 06:14 PM
I haven't seen it but I might in the future

Mrsaxoman
April 6th, 2016, 02:06 AM
Honestly, I thought Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice was very mediocre. I don't agree with the critics that it was that bad, but I still would only rate it a 5/10. I did think it was a great comic book adaptation though, it just wasn't a very good movie.

Porpoise101
April 6th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Superheroes in 2016:
- One gets an allergic reaction
- The other gets 'triggered'

In all seriousness, the movie was ok. I like DC's TV shows better though.

Periphery
April 8th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Literally just saw the movie, I liked it allot actually.

Jasynquin5
April 10th, 2016, 02:28 PM
It was a pretty awesome movie but there are still greater movies out there.
Everyone at my school was going nuts on who is better.
Batman or Superman?

Brit4love
April 10th, 2016, 03:51 PM
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews

Mikeymic
April 10th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Havent seen it yet, but I really want to!

swimjoey1
April 10th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Saw it today...it was ok.

KellyNC
April 11th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Saw it a while ago and it just okay, I think maybe a 6/10. There were things that I enjoyed, but as a whole I felt the movie was too long in some areas and too short in others. I admit I don't really know enough about the source material to know if Eisenburg's the portrayal accurate, but he really annoyed/irritated me in that movie more than anything.

Ragle
April 11th, 2016, 01:04 PM
I expected more. But it sorta was ok. 8/10

Ratman1234
April 13th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Suicide Squad looks insanely better, however. This new trailer just came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZwsbcW-d-E&index=1&list=LLLI_1FmoKMySOEg_9OVyWxA

Hyped as fuck for this movie.

Yh same it looks really good.

mahony0509
April 13th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Surely the most confusing film I've ever seen. At least 50% of the scenes were irrelevant too. Very disappointed.

Mattlol
April 25th, 2016, 08:55 PM
I've seen it, it was okay i guess, but i think it was a bit overhyped imo

Derek951
May 2nd, 2016, 09:27 PM
Based on all the reviews, I'll wait for the DVD. Not to buy with my hard earned money, I'll borrow a copy.