PDA

View Full Version : Will the scarring go away?

Mynameisdean
April 2nd, 2016, 02:04 PM
I have a small raised bump on my face. It's like a boil that hasn't surfaced yet but I have had it for ages (about 2 years?). Despite this, I decided to do something about it now.

While I was washing my face, I used a small paste towel and kept rubbing in it. I was told to stop by my dad because it was bad and now there is a small area of skin which has gone red like it has been burned. It's not really noticeable and the small raised bump weirdly enough looks less noticeable. However, I have made a huge mistake in doing this and I am wondering if the redness will go away and go back to normal? How long will it take?

Also, how can I get rid of this raised bump?

At the moment, I've placed ice on it and have placed anti-septic cream. I also applied excema moistrurisig cream before.

I'm so worried about it now becasue I dont want it to scar and it's making me self conscious.

ImCoolBeans
April 4th, 2016, 07:23 AM
It's never a good idea to irritate something like that, especially if you suspect it to be turning into something more than a zit/pimple. If it's bothering you, I suggest getting it checked out by a doctor. Since its irritated now, I wouldn't use lotion or anything else that could bother it, I would stick to a topical antibiotic or something like you're using now. As for getting rid of it, don't do anything on your own without consulting a doctor, especially since nobody knows exactly what it is.

StoppingTom
April 4th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I'd see a dermatologist because it sounds like a cyst to me (an untrained/unprofessional guy armed only with interest in medicine). Scarring isn't actually a huge issue, because there's some kind of cream (I forget the name, sorry) that helps scars go away and it works pretty well.

tl;dr see a doctor before you do anything rash

Feraligatr
April 6th, 2016, 03:59 PM
See a doctor now before it gets worse.

Mynameisdean
April 24th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I'd see a dermatologist because it sounds like a cyst to me (an untrained/unprofessional guy armed only with interest in medicine). Scarring isn't actually a huge issue, because there's some kind of cream (I forget the name, sorry) that helps scars go away and it works pretty well.

tl;dr see a doctor before you do anything rash

Well, good news. There is no scar but the pimple thing is still there which is annoying :( Are there any treatments I can do at home?

I've just managed to log in the forum as I forgot my password (no idea why:what:) and since then it seems a little more raised if that makes sense and today I have just noticed a small hole on the pimple and squeezed it and a really tiny amount of white liquid came out and nothing more.

I've put toothpaste and spot cream on it for the last few days. I think the toothpaste might have made it worser because it feels a lot more tender.

Probably should see a doctor now as I am really tempted to just poke a needle through it. I'm not sure why I am so frustrated with it now because I am sure I have had this for months!