PDA

View Full Version : Made a mistake... (not a bad one, but I learned my lesson)

PinkFloyd
March 30th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Alright, so I was hanging out with my friend Oleg today. He's a close friend and we're both adults so we decided to go to a tobacco store to get cigars. We bought moderately expensive cigars, which were Romeo Y Julieta 1875 cigars and paid about $10 each. We then went to the hang out spot of our town which is none other than McDonald's. (why? Because America) Oleg, being a smoker, easily finished his. I took more time to savor the aroma and really enjoy it since I paid $10 for something that could you know... give me cancer. Trust me though, II did enjoy it. The flavor was great. Anyways, I didn't finish mine all the way. I stopped a little bit before Oleg did because the cigar started to taste weird. (there's a visual below, the blue line is where I stopped) By the time I was done, I had a pretty heavy nicotine buzz so instead of driving, we went inside the McDonald's to sit down and let it wear off. However, when we got in and I sat down, I began to feel nauseous so I laid down in the booth. That did nothing and about five minutes later, I ran to the bathroom, kneeled down on the dirty floor in front of the toilet and vomited. It was awful. This was all about an hour ago and I still don't feel that great.

Moral of the story, cigars, no matter how expensive and high class will make you feel like shit if you have a light and girly frame such as myself... Also, I did accidentally inhaled a tiny bit on three separate occasions as I smoked the cigar, but other than that, I smoked it like cigars are supposed to be smoked.

KingWavy
March 31st, 2016, 12:30 AM
It's alright man, no one is perfect. At least you learned your lesson haha

phuckphace
March 31st, 2016, 01:05 AM
I'm a fairly heavy nicotine user and I can't stand cigars, they have the same effect on me. cigs too ever since I switched to vaping. the nastiest e-juice still tastes 10,000x better than the best cigar

PinkFloyd
March 31st, 2016, 08:49 PM
It's alright man, no one is perfect. At least you learned your lesson haha

Yeah, and I did like the cigar while I was smoking it. It was the followup that wasn't so good... :lol:

I'm a fairly heavy nicotine user and I can't stand cigars, they have the same effect on me. cigs too ever since I switched to vaping. the nastiest e-juice still tastes 10,000x better than the best cigar

That makes me feel better. I do want to be able to smoke cigars later in life on special occasions because they're classy and all that.

Michael75
April 4th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I'm hoping to have my first cigar now on my 16th in May. Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robustos. I seriously hope I don't have a similar experience!

everlong
April 4th, 2016, 03:27 PM
At least you have a story to tell

SummerHaze
April 6th, 2016, 05:29 AM
no one is perfect. We all make mistakes

ImCoolBeans
April 6th, 2016, 07:44 AM
You probably threw up from inhaling it. That will get you nearly every time, especially if you do it a few times. I haven't had a cigar in a while, but last time I had one I had one with a friend of mine. He's a big guy, about 6'1" and 240 pounds, he inhaled a little bit and ended up puking too, so it's not just small guys who get affected by this.

Pulp501
May 17th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I've never had a cigar like that, only the swisher sweets and those have never made me sick, I just get a nicotine buzz and I feel lightheaded

kevenity
May 17th, 2016, 05:09 PM
omg I've always wanted to smoke a cigar before. I have a weird fascination for cigars, but i hate cigarettes. Thanks for the story!!

ashdyn
May 19th, 2016, 03:56 AM
I'm hoping to have my first cigar now on my 16th in May. Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robustos. I seriously hope I don't have a similar experience!

Just some pro-tips from Tampa guy (we were the cigar capital of the U.S for a long ass time):

If it's your first cigar and definitely of its your first time smoking don't get robustos. They tend to be a little too in you face...mouth I guess for first timers. Also, shorter cigars means hotter smoke which a lot of newbies don't generally enjoy. But if you're mind is made up then smoke away my friend. Enjoy it.

omg I've always wanted to smoke a cigar before. I have a weird fascination for cigars, but i hate cigarettes. Thanks for the story!!

I totally hate cigarettes...even more so after I tried them. I'm not even like a heavy smoker but every once in a while nothing beats a good hand rolled cigar. Besides just the flavors there's something about smoking a cigar. It seems more refined and kind of elegant. Even more so than smoking a pipe. That just make me feel like I was Sherlock Holmes lmao

Fehu
May 20th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Damn everyone whos smoked a cig or any tobacco before knows what feeling your talking about. Thats why you gotta make sure you dont smoke too much. Also your not supposed to actually inhale the cigars because they make you sick.

Good luck in the future with that stuff but this happens to everyone who smokes noe and then.