PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to go back to that

AllTimeLoser
March 29th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I don't want to relapse. Who does? It feels awful, it fills me with shame and takes me that one step back from being a normal girl who can wear pretty little tops and shorts and sit outside in the sun with my family. It makes me feel guilty whenever i'm with my boyfriend in that way, seeing the flash of pain in his eyes when he sees fresh cuts. I try so hard to stop but I keep messing up. Help me

romes3
April 10th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I'm in the same boat. Honestly, for me I just find other things to distract myself with so I don't relapse. As with anything, it's really difficult but it does get better. I cut when I'm stressed so I tried to find something else that would allow me to release stress. Let yourself know that you don't need to cut, and just keep trying. Relapsing is part of the process but it won't last forever. Keep your head up and good luck :)

Kaeneus
May 20th, 2016, 06:32 AM
It will get easier. First time I stopped, I made it a week. Second time, a month. Then three. Then eight. Each time I relapsed I felt worse and worse, like I'd thrown away all that time and progress. But I kept going. Tried again and again. Now I'm two years clean. I don't know if I'll relapse again. But if I do, I'll move on. And I'll do better next time.

Alice1258
May 31st, 2016, 08:44 AM
It's fucking hard. I'm 2 months clean but feeling like I want to start again. It was awful, but not that hard to stop though. It's just so good to know that you don't need to hide your wrists anymore. When you want to cut, just think about a person that you love, and think that if u cut it hurts her/him too. This helped me. You got this xx

Flapjack
May 31st, 2016, 08:54 AM
I don't want to relapse. Who does? It feels awful, it fills me with shame and takes me that one step back from being a normal girl who can wear pretty little tops and shorts and sit outside in the sun with my family. It makes me feel guilty whenever i'm with my boyfriend in that way, seeing the flash of pain in his eyes when he sees fresh cuts. I try so hard to stop but I keep messing up. Help me

Why do you feel like you might relapse?

Scylla
June 4th, 2016, 03:41 PM
you just have to keep trying. even if you do relapse you cant just quit and give into it again. everybody makes mistakes but we just have to learn from them

AllTimeLoser
July 4th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Why do you feel like you might relapse?

loads of stuff to be honest, mostly arguments :( I cant even describe it anymore

insanity.
July 5th, 2016, 07:08 PM
It's never good to go back to self harming. How often does it happen for you?

jamie_n5
July 5th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Well I don't really understand self harming but quitting something takes courage and a lot of self discipline. You need to make up your mind to quit and struggle through accomplishing it. I wish you good luck.

Godsdaughter
October 21st, 2016, 04:21 PM
First of all, don't do it for your boyfriend. Do it for you. Never change the way you do something for someone else.
However, you SHOULD stop cutting yourself. You are an awesome and beautiful person and you do NOT deserve to be hurt.
I'll be praying for you :)