PDA

View Full Version : How do you know.

krimsonrose
March 28th, 2016, 10:47 PM
How do you know when your addicted to a sustance. If your able to take breaks or days without it does that mean your not addicted?

like if you can do without it but perfer not to does that decide

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream

Fehu
April 1st, 2016, 08:12 PM
If you can stop for multiple days or weeks at a time your good, but if its always on your mind your addicted
Good luck homie.

SummerHaze
April 6th, 2016, 05:28 AM
well if you repeat it then it's addiction

TrillClinton
April 6th, 2016, 07:40 PM
The first sign of addiction for me was when it broke into my thought-loops. When I started thinking about getting high while at school or with my friends, that's when I knew I was truly addicted.

kev1998
April 9th, 2016, 06:46 AM
For me, I knew that I was addicted to Hydrocodone when I would worry when my bottle became almost empty. It would consume my thoughts and panic would set in when I thought about running out. Those things consumed me for several years. When I would try to quit, I would get sick and could not eat or sleep. As far as preventing addiction, make sure that you manage the pills and do not let the pills manage you. If you like the high, which I did and still do, then only use them very occasionally.

lemondrop
April 9th, 2016, 10:09 AM
addiction to me means when you're thinking about that thing,experience w/e... After the 1st try

Babs
April 9th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Being able to take a break from a substance doesn't necessarily mean you're not addicted. Personally, I've been able to go without alcohol but without it I had insomnia and I'd get really depressed and suicidal.

If you rely on a substance to feel happy or function, then you may have a problem on your hands.

TrillClinton
April 10th, 2016, 12:39 PM
On another note, if you find yourself making excuses just to consume a substance then you're probably addicted. The path usually goes:
"Oh I'm only gonna do it this once"
"I'm at a party, I'm only gonna do this at parties"
"I'm with my friends, I'm only gonna do it before I go hang with them"
"I had a good day today, I'm just gonna take a small hit"
"Today's Friday, might as well celebrate"
"The weekend is almost over, let's celebrate and get high"

As you can see it's just a downward spiral into you're eventually using daily. While I'm not here to tell you not to do drugs (bc I'm more than likely high as balls daily), I'm just warning how easy and fast addiction can set in