PDA

View Full Version : Best age to move out.

RJH98
March 28th, 2016, 06:27 AM
This is probably in the wrong section so move it if needed.

I'll turn 18 in April. In the Netherlands it was normal for someone to move out when they turn 18. Nowadays it is almost like everyone stays with their parents untill they're 25 and I don't want that. I want to move out as soon as possible and can afford it, but all of my friends want to stay at their parents house until for like 5 more years. I have one friend who lives in an apartment that is his dads but he is never there so he basically lives alone, but his dad is going to sell the house this summer so he has to move out. I spoke about living with him before but he might not be able to afford it.

Anyway, my question: Do you think 18 is a reasonable age to move out?

Meron
March 28th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Not really. You should move out when you have finished college. If you're going to study abroad, you're basically moved out.

So once you have finished your education you should move out after collecting enough money to afford moving out and have enough to stay up on your feet. Maybe your age will be from 19 to 23 by then?

RJH98
March 28th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Not really. You should move out when you have finished college. If you're going to study abroad, you're basically moved out.

So once you have finished your education you should move out after collecting enough money to afford moving out and have enough to stay up on your feet. Maybe your age will be from 19 to 23 by then?

Well, I can afford to move out to a nice apartment already, I just don't want to live alone. And when I finished my education I'll be around 24 and I can't imagine myself living at home for 6 more years

ethan-s
March 28th, 2016, 05:00 PM
yeah sure. why not?

KingWavy
March 28th, 2016, 05:19 PM
If you afford to move out and be comfortable enough for many months then go for it! Everybody is different!

ImCoolBeans
March 29th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I don't think there is really a "best age" -- the best time to do it is when you're ready. Some people can't afford to do it right out of high school or college, so they stay home for a little while and save up until they can. It really depends on you and your situation. Although I'd say if you're getting past your mid twenties, it's probably time to move out :P

Sanchez16620
March 30th, 2016, 12:38 PM
As long as you become responsible about what's important

Melodic
March 30th, 2016, 04:58 PM
It really depends on the person. I'd personally recommend moving out when you're financially and personally stable to live on your own (or with a roommate). I probably won't move out until my early twenties.

Microcosm
April 2nd, 2016, 10:47 PM
I think that once you have a steady income and know that you can financially support yourself alone, then it's probably best to start considering moving out. Also, unless you're living on campus, you could move out once you finish college. If you live on campus, then you're already moved out.

To answer your question, I think 18 is an okay age if you don't plan on going to college or you plan on going to college to live there on campus.

That is assuming you could pay for it and all.