PDA

View Full Version : hobby crazed

lily121
March 27th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I'm the type of person who wants to try every hobby under the moon to see what sticks. This desire takes up so much energy and brain focus, and it's pretty frustrating. Any time I see anyone doing anything, my thought process is, is it rational to try that? And I get obsessed. I have a few that I have always done and always will do, but other than that I've bounced through so many different hobbies. I've loved each one, but I had a reason to stop each one (not enough much time, didn't like the teacher, had to compromise to start something new, injury, etc.). I don't know how to figure out what it is I truly want to do, and I know I can't try everything I want to, but it stresses me out so much. Maybe it stems from the fact that I have no idea what I want to do when I'm older.

Current hobbies I'd like to pursue, but too embarrassed to ask my parents because I've literally never showed an interest:
acting
song writing
videography (this one I actually have dipped my toe in, but not in a class)

Plane And Simple
March 27th, 2016, 08:42 AM
I think it's actually a very good idea to try as much stuff as you can. I'm the complete opposite, I don't have time to try all I'd like to try, and I hate it. Maybe you should slow it down a little. While I don't think you need to try everything, I'd stick to whatever you liked the most. If you're really into it, you'll be good to pursue that for as long as you want

lily121
March 27th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Would it be stupid to try acting now?

jata111
April 2nd, 2016, 04:23 PM
go for it..

remember not to spread yourself too thin and focus on something if you are passionate about it