PDA

View Full Version : Mood downers since puberty

Powerade1999
March 27th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Stuff never really affected me as a kid, I had a lack of feelings of sadness towards things, family pet dies? I wasn't phased, however, when puberty hit, it hit me hard, it struck me down to the point I was wishing death and harm on myself, I can safely say 17 year old me doesn't wish this stuff anymore but it still hits me, like every few weeks, or few months I just fall into this pit of hating myself which I do the only thing I know how, bury myself in inappropriate material.

I should bring this up with my doctor, but honestly every time I try to I chicken out.
I find kids helpline unbearable which gives me bad ideas about councillors and other mental health workers.

Irishperson15
March 27th, 2016, 08:40 AM
The fact you now have emotions would be done to your changing hormones and the fact you've also matured since then. However, the other stuff you mentioned could be related to stress or anxiety. It sound like you almost feel bad for bad things happening and that you are confused as to why they happen to other people and not to you. Just try and stay strong and don't let it bring you down. The fact you don't have those thoughts now all the time is good. Use your good times to ensure that it doesn't creep up on you and if it tries to, shoot it down straight away.