PDA

View Full Version : Away Too Long

Freckles
March 25th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I've been away from VT for a few months. I've been dealing with depression since my dad died last year and was even in the hospital. I knew people before who had depression but never imagined what it was like. I'm trying very hard to get my life back to normal if there is such a thing and posting again. I hope I can help someone else because of my experience.

xXoblivionXx
March 25th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Hey bud, we're here to help :)

I'm sorry for your loss. I turn into a puddle of tears at the thought of loosing someone in my close family. You're strong for getting through this :hug3:

From my experience, I don't think you can go back to "normal". Yes, you can go to a state where you are less depressed and or the depression goes away almost entirely but I don't know if you can go back to a place where you don't have to ever deal with depression.

However, I've gained so much from my depression. It may be odd to think that something good can come out of this horrible feeling of despair but I've gained so much strength and perspective on being life.

The_Raven
March 26th, 2016, 01:02 AM
It is important to have someone to talk to in these difficult situations.:( It could be a teacher, your bro or sis or mother, your best friend.
I can't imangine how it is like, but during a charity action about youth's mental health they really urged kids to talk about their problems. I heard from a couple of people that it made the feel a bit better :)
Anyway, stay strong

Just JT
May 15th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Hey Nathan, I think we spoke a few times in the past, I have t been around much either, wish I was when you posted this.

I know how your feeling bro, I lost my dad to, just over a year ago, suddenly, in a car crash. It's not easy, hardest thing I ever had to deal with, and I miss him everyday.
I've got into a bunch of trouble, been in a hospital also, that's. I picnic either.

I know you probably heard this a lot, but if ya wana talk to someone, who understands, il listen, and I'm sure there are others here who will do the same. Talking and expressing it is huge, need to do it, even when it hurts, just got to, cause the depression will win bro, and we can't let that happen.

Let's talk ok? When your ready....

Fiction
May 16th, 2016, 09:28 AM
One of the most important things I thought during my first episodes of depression is that hopefully what i'm going through can help someone else who is going through the same. I think thinking like that can have a huge protective effect.

It's really good to think about the positive things depression has given you. For me I think it's made me less judgemental and more empathetic of others and their pain. I think it's made me stronger and more able to deal with things in life even though it doesn't always feel like it.

Depression is horrible, but it does have some upsides and seems like you're trying to see them, and that's testament to you.

llamabanana
May 20th, 2016, 01:23 AM
You do help me! I got the same thing! my dad passed away three years ago and I haven't been myself (or what I thought I was) ever since. I think depression made me a better person and a smarter one.
Sandly you won't get your life back, ever, so its best to not hold on to this thought. My dad would never come back, and my naive self is forever in the past, I should just wait for time to cure me eventually of my sadness and accept who I'm about to become.
People change all the time. I think this change will make you stronger.