PDA

View Full Version : How many times a day do you cut? [TRIGGER WARNING]

rianvice
March 20th, 2016, 02:37 PM
I find myself cutting more and more often. I suppose I'm just getting super desperate as things get worse.

I went from cutting every couple of months to cutting more than once a day.

Also, a question:
You know how people say that endorphins are released when you cut? Oddly enough I don't feel relieved. I actually don't feel anything after I cut. No matter how much I do it I still feel empty. I do like seeing the blood though, it makes me smile. Is anyone else like this?

Living For Love
March 20th, 2016, 05:13 PM
A trigger warning has been added to the title of this thread.

thatgothgirluknow
March 21st, 2016, 09:25 PM
the amount of times i cut is entirely dependent on the time sometimes its everyday many times a day and others it's once or twice a month and sometimes i feel relieved while others i do it because i feel so guilty that i want to hurt and feel i deserve it so i just need to see the blood

romes3
April 11th, 2016, 09:35 PM
The amount of times I cut a day depends on how I feel. Sometimes I don't cut at all (if I can help it) but usually around 3-5. When I'm super stressed it's a lot more. I like to see blood, it makes me feel better in the sense that I deserve to bleed.

Scylla
June 5th, 2016, 01:40 AM
I only cut now every few months when I'm really upset... And ya I do like to see the blood too.. I like to watch them heal over time but eventually I just cut in the same spots again and repeat the process

Anonymous2002
June 12th, 2016, 06:34 AM
It depends, I've stopped a lot recently but still do when feeling down, I mostly start light and very minor almost doing nothing, progressively getting deeper and deeper to the scars I still have 8 months later and will forever

ValentinClarke
June 12th, 2016, 06:38 AM
I find myself cutting more and more often. I suppose I'm just getting super desperate as things get worse.

I went from cutting every couple of months to cutting more than once a day.

Also, a question:
You know how people say that endorphins are released when you cut? Oddly enough I don't feel relieved. I actually don't feel anything after I cut. No matter how much I do it I still feel empty. I do like seeing the blood though, it makes me smile. Is anyone else like this?

I used to cut once a week, sometimes more if I was getting more stressed.

Laithreacht
June 30th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I don't cut myself anymore.
My "maximum" was about twenty wounds a day,and I stopped since... 1 year? It's sometimes really hard to resist,but I made a promise to my best friend/"ex" girlfriend (our relation is sometimes... strange but it's not the subject) and I don't want to disapoint her :)

Kacchon
July 2nd, 2016, 02:11 AM
I used to do it almost every day, or sometimes more than once a day. But now I've managed to control myself a lot more.

Run on gasoline
July 26th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I cut around two times a day,
When you are cut you do release endorphins that calm you down, they are the reason that cutting can become an addiction. As soon as those endorphins dissipate, your brain craves them, causing the cravings that many self-harmers have to cut

CanadianLynx
September 15th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Im not depressed when i cut, i get anxious and panicky etc when i cut, so when i cut i usually cut atleast once every two days due to school and panic, i find i can notice the endorphines, which are endogenous morphine which is an opioid, which can be addicting but it also helps calm you down, so i find this helps me personally.

- sorry if it violates rules, im new

SadSunset
October 23rd, 2016, 12:11 PM
lately it has been a couple times a day just because of stuff that has been going on and its hard to deal

Lukewarmbagels
October 27th, 2016, 07:48 PM
It all depends. If I'm in the middle of a relapse and at school I'll usually cut around 3 to 4 times a day, sometimes even during lessons. Other days when I'm at home I might just cut for the entire day. But I can go for hours without even thinking about it occasionally, even during bad periods.

Glis25
November 13th, 2016, 08:53 PM
I used to cut like every day, now I just cut once every few weeks thankfully