PDA

View Full Version : Growing hair tips

Roxas2
March 19th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Hey! I'm currently growing my hair but I guess that's too slow so do you have any tip to make it grow faster? That's very important for me ^^
And I'd like to learn tips to make my hair end stop curling ^^

West Coast Sheriff
March 21st, 2016, 07:51 PM
Only shampoo it every other day, eat protein and use good conditioner

Iri_dium
March 27th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Try to look here (http://machohairstyles.com/how-to-get-long-hair/) :) I know that this is an article mostly for men but the tips in it in fact are universal and really useful. I used them and for now I'm satisfied with the result :cool:

lemondrop
March 28th, 2016, 03:28 PM
I've heard something about ricin oil or smth like that

bougainvillea
April 7th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Even though it sounds weird, but get your hair trimmed often, so you can prevent getting extra long split ends.

Don't shampoo your hair every day. The purpose of shampoo is to wash away dirt and product buildup, but it can also take essential natural oils that keep strands soft and healthy along with it. Only use shampoo if your hair really needs it, and dry shampoo helps in between days if your hair gets greasy every day like mine xD

Make sure you use conditioner every time you have a shower! Conditioner helps replace the lipids and proteins inside the hair shaft as well as seal the cuticle to help prevent more damage from happening.

Try not to brush your hair all the time because it can cause your hair to break, especially if it's wet. When brushing wet hair, brush from the ends and work your way up to avoid pulling your hair out.

Try to avoid using heat as much as possible and let your hair dry naturally. If you use heat products though make sure you use a heat protectant spray or serum.

EDIT: another tip I worked out myself is that if you give yourself a scalp massage for about 5 mins a day, it does help your hair grow! The blood goes to your scalp and encourages hair growth. You can either add natural oils or not, but the oils help your hair to grow even faster.

I'm currently working towards the same goal, so good luck! ^^

Babs
April 9th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Here's what I've done to speed up my hair growth.

a) Take biotin. Biotin is a vitamin that aids in hair growth. I've noticed a big difference in growth when taking supplements daily. Eating a lot of protein will help as well.

b) Only wash your hair 3-4 times a week max. Use conditioner after washing. If your hair feels too dry after washing it, take a little coconut oil and rub it into your palms, and rub that into your hair. I also put a nourishing serum in my hair while it's still damp.

c) Avoid damaging it with things like styling it with heat. In fact, it's best to wash your hair with cold water. Use the coldest you can stand. Avoid putting chemicals in it.

While there are ways to speed up the process, it doesn't happen overnight so be patient.