PDA

View Full Version : Help :(

Feraligatr
March 16th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Everyone here is respectful, so I don't really mind posting this here. I just really want someone to talk to, whether it be through personal messages or just here. I would just like someone to talk with about my situation, as I am scared at the moment.

Anyway, I think I have cancer, but I'm not sure. I know it's deadly, and I don't want to die. I'm just afraid to tell people because it would suck hearing the words "You only have this long to live." I just gave a lump on my chin. It's hard to describe the location, but put your finger on the bottom of your chin, and move your finger to the right. That's about where it is. I love my dad and I don't want to die.

I would really love to just talk to someone. Maybe it would make me feel better. Thank you.

StoppingTom
March 16th, 2016, 05:43 PM
A bump doesn't always equate to cancer. It can be a cyst, lipoma, or other subcutaneous dermatologic condition. Have you been to the doctor yet/have you made plans to?

Don't psyche yourself out yet, it will just make you feel worse :(

Feraligatr
March 16th, 2016, 05:51 PM
I have not, because I'm scared on how to bring it up, and the results. I get scared easily, but I usually feel better after talking to someone.

The person I would feel comfortable talking to is the school nurse. I get along with her well.

StoppingTom
March 16th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Also I forgot to mention: in the unlikely but still possible scenario that it is some kind of cancer, that's not a death sentence by any stretch, and would more likely than not be benign and easily treated/removed.

That being said, in order to give yourself some peace of mind, see a doctor, and I'm sure your nurse will say the same thing.

warbit
March 16th, 2016, 06:40 PM
I agree with the person above and if you wanna chat then send me a message :)

Feraligatr
March 18th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Thank you for the response. I'll get the courage to tell and keep everyone updated.

Microcosm
March 18th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Feraligatr

Maybe you're drawing it out of proportion? It might not be cancer! Just remember that, whatever it is, you've got people who you can talk to(including me if you'd like)!

I know it's hard, but it is probably best to tell someone. Think about it: What if it's not bad and they actually give you the good news that it's not actually deadly at all?

There's a whole variety of responses you could get, and many of them would relieve your stress.

I'm here if you need to talk and I hope I helped and that your situation gets better for you. :)

Meron
March 18th, 2016, 10:20 PM
There are a bunch of other size that would show you that you have cancer, and I don't think you had them. So relax, as a member said that it might be any other disease.

And yeah, message me if you want to talk. Why not.

Sheriff McGregor
March 19th, 2016, 12:59 AM
Small skin cancer can be easily removed. But it may not even be cancer, It could be anything. Most importantly, get it confirmed first by a doctor or even nurse. Hope it's nothing serious and keep us posted.

Feraligatr
March 24th, 2016, 07:27 AM
I'm in the hospital and it has been diagnosed as an Oral Abcess.
It has nothing to do with the neck. My cavity got infected so I need to get two of my back teeth pulled. I'm being transferred to the dentist today, and not the hospital. I'm going home on Thursday or Friday.

Cloud_Strife
March 25th, 2016, 11:19 PM
I'm in the hospital and it has been diagnosed as an Oral Abcess.
It has nothing to do with the neck. My cavity got infected so I need to get two of my back teeth pulled. I'm being transferred to the dentist today, and not the hospital. I'm going home on Thursday or Friday.

Once the teeth are extracted and the pus drained, I am sure things will pick up quickly! All to a swift recovery here on in!

Feraligatr
March 26th, 2016, 07:03 AM
My teeth were pulled the two days ago, and I feel better now. I just have a cut on my neck from the drain that needs to stay covered for a little.