PDA

View Full Version : Ran Out of Anti Depressants

xXoblivionXx
March 16th, 2016, 03:21 PM
This is rather stupid on my part but I take 2 medications, effexor and lamictal. When they filled my script for lamictal they must have messed up because there is no way I went through 90 pills all ready.

so I basically have 6 pills left and the insurance won't pay for anymore and frankly i'm too lazy to go through the process to figure out what i need, it's time consuming and stressful.

I'm going to taper off of what i have left, i usually take one in the morning in the morning and two at night. it's basically going cold turkey because i should tapper for longer.

side effects are going to suck :/

opinions/thoughts?

Abhorrence
March 16th, 2016, 04:10 PM
The only thing I can say is that it's ridiculous you have to pay for your medication.

xXoblivionXx
March 16th, 2016, 05:29 PM
The only thing I can say is that it's ridiculous you have to pay for your medication.

typically my insurance will pay for it, but if for what ever reason I run out before my prescription is due for a refill then i have to pay for it

CosmicNoodle
March 18th, 2016, 08:24 PM
when I stopped taking my medication I just hibernated in my bed for a month and hardly left the house. Thankfully it was paid for by the NHS, your insurance company sucks, if they can't provide you with what you need then they're pointless, if this happens oftern you should move.

phuckphace
March 19th, 2016, 03:55 AM
is it possible that they did in fact give you 90 pills but someone has been pilfering them?

a friend of a friend recently got busted for getting into his mom's Vicodin when she wasn't around. it's probably not likely but worth considering.

jsands
March 19th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Are there any charities you can apply to? Any young person's helpline you can call for people in the same situation?
I'm sure there must be some way around it seeing as someone could just drop like a whole box of pills or something and that wouldn't be there fault, so they would refill that right?
Do you have any friends with the same drug? As a medic I would highly recommend taking someone else's medication, but if you check it is exactly the same with the same weight of active components then I don't see whats wrong with borrowing a few.

Fehu
April 1st, 2016, 08:16 PM
Hey good luck man. All I can say is you don't need it. What I mean by this is even though it may help you, and work great, you can jump any obsticals with your mind. Read up on new age ideology and power of belief/law of attraction, it may sound dumb if you've never tried it but legit that and meditation has turned my life around.