PDA

View Full Version : hospitals suck

thatgothgirluknow
March 15th, 2016, 08:54 PM
so apparently they think i have epilepsy due to many factors including the fact that one of my siblings has it and i have symptoms of 9 of the 13 seizure types but ive been on a waiting 6 month list to get to a neurologist for 3 months now and what do i find out they lost my spot somehow great now im on a fucking 6-8 month list im so freaking tired of dealing with it i have headaches almost everyday and blank out constantly more than a year of trying to go through doctors is angering me i have dealt with this since i can remember and i want it taken care of sorry for the vent but anyway anyone have epilepsy how has it affected you and your life

SethfromMI
March 15th, 2016, 09:01 PM
It is ok to vent, I would to in that situation. it can be scary to have and when you have to wait so much longer after waiting for so long, that's just not right. sorry about your troubles

Powerade1999
March 27th, 2016, 12:09 AM
I don't have epilepsy but I have frequent headaches, I to am on the waiting list to see a neurologist to find the cause, they think it may be due to a previous head trauma.

I started getting these headaches in 2014, the first doctor I went to told me its a sinus headache and to just deal with it, the second one told me it was migraines, and I got put on medication that did nothing and made my nose bleed, I also had an MRI. The third doctor thought it was TMJ but, the bite splint didn't help either. Recently I went to another doctor who thoroughly went through the headache, and thinks it is due to the previous trauma, he actually listened.

My advice to you is ring around and see if there's other neurologists who might have a less of a wait list.

I hope you get seen and looked after soon hun