PDA

View Full Version : Sick :/

Reghan
March 14th, 2016, 01:09 AM
I need some tips guys and I wasn't sure which thread to post this in. I have a really bad cough, lots of mucus and I can't make it stop. Any helpful tips on how to make this better? :/ Thanks <3

Kagura
March 14th, 2016, 02:14 AM
As someone who's also suffering from a cold, this usually works for me, but idk if it'll work for you. Best give it a shot.

-Drink lots and lots of fluids. Water and orange juice worked for me.

-Take either cold medicine or use some cough drops (If you don't have the former).

-DON'T BLOW YOUR NOSE HARD. All this will do is irritate your sinuses, thus further blocking your nose.

-Eat steamy or spicy food. This makes your nose run and helps get rid of some of the mucous. I reccomend chicken noodle soup.

-Get lots of rest. Prop yourself up with pillows when you go to bed.

-Lastly, try to disinfect everything you touch to prevent making others sick and yourself worse. Also, don't touch your eyes, mouth or nose unless your hands are clean.

I hope these help. Feel better! :)

lliam
March 14th, 2016, 02:17 AM
or just see a doctor.

Reghan
March 14th, 2016, 02:18 AM
I don't have a stuffy nose nor cough drops or medicine. Just a really bad cough...I worked today LMAO bye bye coworkers, have fun with my germs.

Thank you tho! The pillows will definitely help with the coughing when I eventually try to sleep Dx

or just see a doctor.

If it's not better in a few days I will. This just started about 30ish hours ago.

Posts merged. Please use the multi quote button next time. ~Mars

Kagura
March 14th, 2016, 02:23 AM
I don't have a stuffy nose nor cough drops or medicine. Just a really bad cough...I worked today LMAO bye bye coworkers, have fun with my germs.

Thank you tho! The pillows will definitely help with the coughing when I eventually try to sleep Dx

Ahh! Misread the post. But glad the pillows are helping! :P

lliam
March 14th, 2016, 02:39 AM
You girls are tougher than we guys. Luckily, I'm hardly ever ill.
But if, I'm really a snivelling type. I always immediately see the doc when I feel sick.

http://worldartsme.com/images/hope-you-are-feeling-better-clipart-1.jpg

soon

Reghan
March 14th, 2016, 02:54 AM
I'm hardly ever ill, but when I get it...I get it bad..

Kagura
March 14th, 2016, 03:22 AM
*scoff* Last time I got a cold this bad was...around 2012-13.

Gumleaf
March 14th, 2016, 05:06 AM
When I'm sick with cold symptoms I go on hardcore cold and flu pills to try and get on top of it quickly. During the day i can tolerate it, but it can be tricky trying to sleep. I find sleeping on my side helps me. I had a nasty cough for about 3 weeks from christmas time and it wasn't much fun. Hope you get over yours quickly.

Mars
March 14th, 2016, 05:12 AM
Drink lots of hot fluids and have a spoonful of honey in the morning and when symptoms get worse. If you have a humidifier use that at night, or take hot hot showers so the steam soothes your throat.

Get well soon :)

everlong
March 14th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Chicken noodle soup

TheSmokingMan
March 14th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Fluids are super super important. Drink lots of water. Usually colds/flus are made worse when people don't drink enough. I usually take some sort of cough/cold pill or Tylenol, but you may or may not. I don't know. I usually do. Also, hot showers or a vaporizer sometimes help me with congestion. Just getting all that steam and warm/hot water is nice. Its just nice. I also drink hot coffee. And of course... Lay down. Sleep is your friend. (And so are soft foods.) [And yeah. More fluids.]

Yep.
I could also prescribe you a healthy dose of Criminal Minds to deal with YOUR specific ailments ;)

eric2001
March 14th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Lot's of naps and drink water.

Reghan
March 14th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys! My biggest problem right now is my headache :( I've been drinking a lot of ginger ale because it's sooo good, but I'll try and slip some water in there too haha.

TheSmokingMan
March 14th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys! My biggest problem right now is my headache :( I've been drinking a lot of ginger ale because it's sooo good, but I'll try and slip some water in there too haha.

I usually hit the ginger ale pretty hard myself when sick :) I usually suffer when I'm sick because I love to drink milk... Oh well...

However,
That hot shower would do you lots of good if you're head is the biggest issue. All that steam in through your nasal passages will really help things get moving in the right direction. Steam, in whatever form you can get it, would be ideal at the moment.

Plane And Simple
March 16th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Moving to VTGH as you'll get better answers there. If you want it back to TWPR, PM me