PDA

View Full Version : Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc

HououinKiyoma
March 13th, 2016, 04:38 AM
What symphonies or Piano sonatas do you like from these or other composers?

I've been listening to Symphony No 40 by Mozart lately

zack.zack
March 13th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is a very beautiful piece and I love Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake

Doro15
March 17th, 2016, 08:31 AM
I like "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from Edvard Grieg.

everlong
March 17th, 2016, 01:56 PM
I only know their really popular songs. It's not my kind of music, but I still think they're talented.

TonyJoe
March 17th, 2016, 02:08 PM
You can't go wrong with Four Seasons by Vivaldi.

In the Hall of the Mountain King is also fantastic.

Teenage wasteland
March 17th, 2016, 03:45 PM
from Beethoven i like moonlight sonata and allegretto
from Mozart i like lacrimosa
and from vivaldi i cant remember the names

TheSmokingMan
March 17th, 2016, 07:29 PM
I'm currently learning the 2nd movement of Beethoven's "Sonata Pathetique" (Adagio Cantabile) and Mozart's "Rondo alla Turca" for a piano recital that my piano teacher is putting together. (Her and I will be closing the recital with a duet that is still to be determined.)

This summer I think I'm going to talk her into learning the other two movements to "Sonata Pathetique" and some other things. I would love to start tackling Rachmaninoff's "Prelude in C# Minor" as soon as we are finished with this recital. I also hope to look at some of Chopin's preludes, etudes, and nocturnes.

TheSmokingMan
March 17th, 2016, 07:33 PM
I like "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from Edvard Grieg.

You've just GOT to love Edvard Grieg :) I've been trying to tackle his Anitra's Dance for a couple years now (because I only work on it in my spare time, and sometimes I put it away for a while and come back to it.).

Yep. He's a good composer.
Good stuff.

Sheriff McGregor
March 17th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Canon in D is good, I can play that on bass

TonyJoe
March 18th, 2016, 01:22 AM
Moonlight Sonata is awesome to.

Cristina15
March 18th, 2016, 03:37 PM
What symphonies or Piano sonatas do you like from these or other composers?

I've been listening to Symphony No 40 by Mozart lately

mmm very dufficult to say for me...may be "for elise"...i love classic music very relaxing

HououinKiyoma
March 21st, 2016, 01:24 PM
Pretty good list here! Thanks for your views!

deadpie
March 21st, 2016, 01:50 PM
Mostly solo piano lately.

L-1iJUb4-hw

And then some very quiet lowercase modern classical

EnoS2jWcS_w

oJPUjqQuYH8

Canadian Dream
March 25th, 2016, 03:11 PM
I've been listening to Dvorak's New World Symphony mostly because my community orchestra is playing it (honestly it's great if you haven't heard it yet). I've heard the Brahms symphonies lately, also Tchaikovsky 2 and 4. I know you haven't mentionned it but Rachmaninoff and Schumann piano concertos are amazing. I'm not playing any piano sonatas right now but I've been working on the Rachmaninoff Etude-Tableau in G minor and Chopin Etude in F minor.

Michael75
March 29th, 2016, 06:21 PM
I've been studying music in school for five years now, from the five years I'd say my hands down favourite is Franz Schubert's lied The Erl King. Either that or The Planets Suite by Gustav Holst.

Woldaren
April 3rd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Midsommarvaka, by Hugo Alfvén is a favourite of mine!
Midsummer is an old Swedish feast to Celebrate the summer, which Alfvén wanted to express with music. I think he did a great job! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN-n-UzG_dg

Pat the Bunny
April 5th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I'm only a casual fan of classical music, but I vastly prefer sonata's to everything else. I think everybody with even a small interest in classical music, electronic music or post-rock should check out Kashiwa Daisuke (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjHQoxq9O0)

LaVieEnRose
April 7th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Swan Lake - Tchaikovsky

Symphony No 9 - Beehtoven

Moonligth Sonata - Beehtoven

Nocturne - Chopin

devotionnel
April 7th, 2016, 08:33 AM
I really like the 3rd movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, and I prefer it to the other movements.

Like one of the other posters mentioned, I also like Canon in D by Pachelbel, one of the first songs I dedicated myself to learning on the piano before learning more modern pieces.

Some other mentions:
- Musette by Bach
- Minuet (from the Anna Magdalena Notebook) by Bach
- Sarabande by Frederic Handel
- Study in A minor by Cornelius Gurlitt

phuckphace
April 7th, 2016, 08:40 AM
if it's by Bach or Mozart or even Wagner I'll listen to it.

mesmerizing ~