PDA

View Full Version : cheese appreciation thread

phuckphace
March 12th, 2016, 09:53 AM
in light of the recent blasphemy aimed at the world's finest dairy product (behead those who insult cheese) here's a thread dedicated to «le fromage».

cheese.com (www.cheese.com) has an exhaustive list of every cheese ever, if you want to find something new to stuff your face with. not sure how I feel about donkey-milk cheese but hey, at least it's not human.

my faves are Camembert, Gruyère (smoked), mozzarella (the real kind, not the 'Murican rubber shit), sharp cheddar, Feta, and Leipäjuusto. especially the last one, if you haven't tried Finnish "bread cheese" you definitely should.

cheeses I still need to try: Comté, Roquefort and Emmental

West Coast Sheriff
March 12th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I keep it simple with pepper jack or sharp cheddar. I do like a nice Brie tho with some fresh sourdough bread

Sailor Mars
March 12th, 2016, 10:01 AM
The stinkiest ones to the gooey, moldy cheese. A fan of all I say with ease.

I love pretty much every cheese I've tried (which is... A lot). Brie, goat cheese, mozzarella, Camembert, and provolone are my favorites though. Especially when they're paired with meat and bread.

Cristina15
March 18th, 2016, 02:43 PM
i love cheese, in italy there are a lot of cheeses very tasty and particular...my favorite is parmesan :)

Atlantis
March 21st, 2016, 11:57 AM
Parmesan rules. Cheddar and mozzarella are alright.

lliam
March 22nd, 2016, 12:50 AM
they haven't mentioned

Odenwälder Stinkekäse (stinky cheese)

http://www.bauerrupp.de/images/kaese/ht_fruehstueckskaese1.png

Smells like a boys room full of sweaty feet in a training camp. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

and even not Odenwälder Kochkäse (cooked cheese)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Kochkaese_Musik.jpg/220px-Kochkaese_Musik.jpg

based on the philosophical principle panta rhei by Heraclitus ... eat it before it flows away

Emerald Dream
March 22nd, 2016, 05:31 AM
My favorites are provolone and parmesan. :heart: cheese in general is so good.

Britboo14
March 22nd, 2016, 08:56 AM
I appreciate you, cheese

ImCoolBeans
March 22nd, 2016, 09:22 AM
I love manchego cheese. I like a number of other types like cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, and more varieties, but manchego is my favorite at the moment.

http://www.europeanfood.co.nz/?q=sites/default/files/imagecache/h_240/images_prod/Manchego%20II%2032_0.JPG

dxcxdzv
March 22nd, 2016, 06:33 PM
Roquefort is just awesome, although kinda strong.
Emmental is like my #1 consumption, I always put some in pastas.
But the only one I really eat without anything else is gouda.

I particularly appreciate soft cheeses.

Falcons_11
March 22nd, 2016, 09:15 PM
I like the stinky cheeses...Roquefort...Camembert...Limburger...Gammelost.

Favorite American cheeses...Maytag Blue Cheese...Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar

Maddy01
March 22nd, 2016, 11:07 PM
Mmmm cheese

everlong
March 24th, 2016, 01:39 PM
This is a good thread