PDA

View Full Version : Ways to improve on artwork?

insanity.
March 9th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I haven't done much drawing in a good three years. What are some ways to start again and become good at it?

Sailor Mars
March 9th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Draw. That's literally all you can do to get better. Also, don't become arrogant about your work because there's always gonna be someone better.

lliam
March 9th, 2016, 10:59 PM
CIP <- Creativity ->Inspiration -> Practice

West Coast Sheriff
March 9th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Practice, practice and practice.

Work on simple sketches. Have a variety of things to work on. Go back and redo old works.

Andy0308
March 10th, 2016, 01:34 AM
I have the same problem! I haven't drawn in like a year and I'm taking Art 3 next year which is really hard. Practice everyday,start with small projects and don't worry about everything looking perfect,watch many YouTube tutorials.

ImCoolBeans
March 10th, 2016, 02:37 AM
Like the others said, draw as often as you can. Also, be open to critique and ask people to check out your art work. If you can, ask an art teacher at your school to look at it and see what he/she thinks.

Cristina15
March 16th, 2016, 04:40 PM
I haven't done much drawing in a good three years. What are some ways to start again and become good at it?

you have just to start to draw...take you time

Seth Green
March 20th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Like people have said, practice makes perfect, but to get a little more specific:
It's good to set some sort of numeric goal, like at least one drawing a day!
It's always good to get out of your comfort zone, try a different style, or a medium you've never used.
Keep track of you drawings, like use a sketch book or something. It helps a lot to be able to look between old and new drawings and see your progress!

Phosphene
March 20th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Like people have said, practice makes perfect, but to get a little more specific:
It's good to set some sort of numeric goal, like at least one drawing a day!
It's always good to get out of your comfort zone, try a different style, or a medium you've never used.
Keep track of you drawings, like use a sketch book or something. It helps a lot to be able to look between old and new drawings and see your progress!

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or longer. :locked: