PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Normal Slim or Super Slim?

Coolguy10890
March 9th, 2016, 09:53 PM
PLEASE ONLY ANSWER THIS THREAD IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS OR HAD A PS3 NORMAL AND/OR SUPER SLIM

Hello,
I'm not very smart with knowing about technology and replacing parts and that kinda stuff so please go easy on me. Lol but I thought I'd come here for some advice.

I'm thinking about buying a PS3 (yes I know PS4 is out now.... but I think I can be fine with a PS3 plus, it's less expensive. Idk when PS3 PSN support stops if it hasn't already, but I don't play many Online Multiplayer games anyway.)

Should I buy a PS3 Normal Slim or Super Slim??? I heard that the Super Slim saves more power, and of course its even more smaller than the Normal Slim. It has a manual disc tray you can open and close. Idk if I should get it or not!!!!

If I get the Normal Slim, I'm just afraid like a game disc will get stuck inside the system or something because its an automatic disc slot.

I just want to know which system would be long lasting and reliable for many years if I don't "over use" it. Because if it ever breaks, idk how I'm gonna find someone to fix it for me... I feel like just having someone try to fix it or something is not gonna make it work like it used to be. I've heard all these things about people buying refurbished consoles and other tech devices and they ended up being crap. Idk... sorry if I'm being too judgemental. I just need some advice. Thanks.

I feel so outdated with video games. I literally only have a PS2 from when I was younger.... I'm shocked it still works, but I don't really play it anymore so thats why its probably still working. I only play DVD's on it now.
I want something new with newer games and graphics. Yes, I still consider a PS3 "New"

P.S. I congratulate you if you read all of this that was probably unnecessary and sorry if anything seemed repetitive.

mahony0509
March 11th, 2016, 03:04 PM
If you feel outdated, a PS3 is NOT what to buy. For an extra 100€ you can bet a PS4 and be updated for the next 3 years. Ive only recently got rid of my PS3 snd got a PS4 and it was the greatest decision Ive made. PS3 graphics and games really are pathetic compared to the PS4. I ask that you reconsider :)

StoppingTom
March 11th, 2016, 03:39 PM
I've had the Normal Slim for about 6 years now, discs get stuck in it (I have to get them out using a screwdriver and the manual release) and it freezes pretty frequently. shit/10 imo

everlong
March 14th, 2016, 12:58 PM
I know someone that has the PS3 normal slim and they like it