PDA

View Full Version : Tips at teaching yourself guitar, how hard is it?

chickflick09
March 6th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Hi . So I already play the keyboard, but I have a few guitars and I kind of want to learn. I've looked up tutorials but I always just give up haha. Do you have any tips to make it easier or learn easily or recommend watching any tutorials thank you:)

Babs
March 7th, 2016, 12:57 AM
It's not the hardest thing in the world. What I did was I learned some chords and how to read tabs and learned some songs I like. Start with easy songs and work your way up.

benlodge123
March 7th, 2016, 01:59 PM
I think you should learn the pentatonic scale.

ImCoolBeans
March 9th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Like Satan said, I would probably start off by learning some common chords and some easy songs that use them. You would be surprised how many songs you can play if you know just the first position chords. I recommend getting a chord book and learning as many as you can. Once you feel comfortable with changing chords and strumming I'd suggest learning how to read guitar tabs -- you can find pretty good tabs for almost any song online.

The most important part is sticking with it and playing every day, even if it's only for 10-15 minutes. It's probably going to be frustrating and discouraging at first, but one day you'll pick up your guitar and it will make more sense and you'll 'get over the hump'. It just takes patience and practice.

YouTube can also be helpful. There are tons of free guitar lessons on it.

SevenRhye
March 13th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Like Satan said

Tip: never trust Satan :D

Well, start with learning chords. Then start playing old songs, like CCR and Beatles. They really help with rhythm!

:metal: