PDA

View Full Version : OP signal

Endeavour
March 5th, 2016, 07:45 AM
On another forum that I'm on, where our 'Cool Poster' etc would be, there would be a 'Thread Starter' where the OP had replied, just thinking that would make it easier to identify the OP as you're going down.

Elysium
March 5th, 2016, 09:03 AM
I've seen it done before, where there was a little line of text underneath the first post saying "Original Poster" in bold and it would follow all of that person's responses to that thread. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Living For Love
March 5th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Yep, I wouldn't be opposed either, it helps people following the OP's story and keeps them updated, as sometimes people only read the first post and then miss all the updates posted by the OP along the thread.

SethfromMI
March 5th, 2016, 01:23 PM
pretty good idea if they can make it work

ImCoolBeans
March 5th, 2016, 04:54 PM
I think that's actually a great idea. I'll take a look into some addons tonight, see what's available, and talk it over with the rest of the staff.

Endeavour
March 5th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I think that's actually a great idea. I'll take a look into some addons tonight, see what's available, and talk it over with the rest of the staff.

Thanks , I've seen it on other forums which use vbulletin as well I think, so it must exist somewhere! :)

Plane And Simple
March 5th, 2016, 05:12 PM
I really second this as well. Some other forums outline the posts of the OP with a green or red glow which is also very easy to find

everlong
March 5th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a good idea

The Byrd
April 30th, 2016, 10:22 AM
ImCoolBeans any update on this?

Endeavour
April 30th, 2016, 10:32 AM

Just a quick search reveals this https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=202916 if that's any use.

ImCoolBeans
April 30th, 2016, 11:13 AM
ImCoolBeans any update on this?

Just a quick search reveals this https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=202916 if that's any use.

We've had a lot going on, especially with tapatalk, so sorry for the delay. I'll look for an addon and we need to test it out first.
Also, that particular addon isn't supported by vBulletin anymore, which isn't really something you'd want to use.