PDA

View Full Version : Tainted Songs

TheSmokingMan
March 4th, 2016, 09:40 PM
What songs have you all had ruined for you? For any reason whatsoever?

My biggest two are #1- "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders. Before my girlfriend broke up with me"I'll Stand By You" was our song... So I can bearly listen to it. My big #2 is- "You're The Inspiration" by Chicago. If you ever watch the Season 7 episode of Criminal Minds titled "Unknown Subject", that song is tainted forever. Just sayin'...

So! What are some of YOUR " tainted songs"??? :)

Emerald Dream
March 4th, 2016, 09:47 PM
For me, this begins and end with the following butchered cover:

iZsZGUBTGpE

Song ruined. Can't even listen to the original the same anymore. Not sure you intended covers of songs to be reasons for ruining songs, but this horrid rendition absolutely killed the song for me.

TheSmokingMan
March 4th, 2016, 10:01 PM
For me, this begins and end with the following butchered cover:

iZsZGUBTGpE

Song ruined. Can't even listen to the original the same anymore. Not sure you intended covers of songs to be reasons for ruining songs, but this horrid rendition absolutely killed the song for me.

Oh my gosh yes! Butchered covers are totally a reason. In fact, interestingly enough, my ex-girlfriend almost ruined "I'll Stand By You" by making me listen to Carrie Underwood's horrid cover which she felt was superior to the original version by The Pretenders.

everlong
March 20th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Anything by Twenty One Pilots

The Byrd
March 20th, 2016, 05:00 PM
He Was a Friend of Mine by The Byrds. One of few good songs by the original lineup of the band was completely ruined by that idiot (I'd use some much more offensive terms to describe my utter hatred for him but I'd probably get banned if I did) David Crosby at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967.

Pat the Bunny
March 21st, 2016, 02:56 PM
I've ruined every song I've ever made my alarm clock.

Anything by Twenty One Pilots

TOP often taint their own songs by putting in a cringy/out of place line (MY TASTE IN MUSIC IS YR FACE) or by putting in a long electronic part that adds very little to the song (cough car radio)