PDA

View Full Version : The Mentalist

TheSmokingMan
March 4th, 2016, 09:28 PM
So. I just have to know.
Does anybody here love "The Mentalist"?
I own all 7 Seasons and watched every new episode from Season 4 onward live.
The Mentalist will always be my #1 favorite show of all times.

Emerald Dream
March 4th, 2016, 09:42 PM
I loved this show, but one of the biggest disappointments ever on TV was the Red John reveal and conclusion. For such a supposed badass mastermind serial killer, the confrontation turned out to be incredibly underwhelming. Ran for a little bit, didn't put up much fight. Lame.

Other than that - the first six seasons = good show. Was hoping they'd do a spinoff with some of the other characters, but it never happened.

TheSmokingMan
March 4th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I loved this show, but one of the biggest disappointments ever on TV was the Red John reveal and conclusion. For such a supposed badass mastermind serial killer, the confrontation turned out to be incredibly underwhelming. Ran for a little bit, didn't put up much fight. Lame.

Other than that - the first six seasons = good show. Was hoping they'd do a spinoff with some of the other characters, but it never happened.

Yeah. I feel you with the whole Red John issue. For one thing, I knew we were in trouble when the Red John reveal wasn't going to be a season finale. For two, when they refused to give closure on things I was conflicted. I mean, Patrick Jane has been out for blood for 6 seasons, and when they finally got Red John in the same room as Jane, he chased him down and finished it, as I would expect any man in his position to do.

However,
It was never explained how Red John obtained the list of 7 names. I waited an entire summer AND 7 episodes for the answer to that riddle. I just felt like the writers came up with plot twists they couldn't fully explain.
(Also what was up with Red John and his psychic predictions in season 5???)
So yes.
Definitely underwhelming there. But still very enjoyable. I loved every moment.

You know, I had never entertained the thought of a spin off, but that would have been a very fun idea. They even had the opportunity to do so with Rigsby and Van Pelt's storyline. That would have been fun to see.

everlong
March 5th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Never seen it

TheSmokingMan
March 5th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Never seen it

Oh my gosh! If you love crime dramas, you have GOT to try The Mentalist. It is such a phenomenal show, with good detective work, memorable antagonists, and most importantly, a wonderful cast of characters that will make you laugh out loud :)

TheSmokingMan
March 23rd, 2016, 03:04 PM
Has anybody been watching "The Mentalist" lately? I've taken a short break from Criminal Minds lately and last night I watched the first episode in the Red John reveal Trilogy: Season 6, Episode 6 "Fire and Brimstone".

I forgot how much I love The Mentalist as a whole, the hunt for Red John, all the good humor, and of course the Jisbon scenes :)

Does anybody have a favorite episode/character/multi episode arc (I.e. Tommy Volker, Red John [multi season in his case], Rigsby/Van Pelt, Richard Hibach, Visualize, Walter Mashburn, or Jisbon!!, etc...)? I'd love to hear it!