PDA

View Full Version : Help

raempu
February 12th, 2014, 06:32 AM
I can't leave my house. I am too scared to leave because they will get me. Can anyone help me with this?
Does anyone have any advice how to go outside when you're so scared..?
I have to go to therapy today but I just can't leave my house..
Please help me :(

Miserabilia
February 12th, 2014, 08:46 AM
I don't really have any good advice /:
All I can say is seek comfort in people you know well and people that can help you, like on this site ;)

raempu
February 12th, 2014, 08:56 AM
That's okay thank you for this advice. I maneged to get out for therapy but i'm really freakin out :(

ksdnfkfr
February 12th, 2014, 09:02 AM
I can't leave my house. I am too scared to leave because they will get me. Can anyone help me with this?
Does anyone have any advice how to go outside when you're so scared..?
I have to go to therapy today but I just can't leave my house..
Please help me :(

I know how you feel. Im autistic and cant go away from the house by myself either.
Dont you have someone to take you to your therapy?

AlexOnToast
February 12th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Hmmm... tricky to tell without actually seeing your thoughts...
I love the outdoors, so I'm probably bad help I'm afraid.
I know this might sound mundane to ask, but who are "they"?

raempu
February 12th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I know how you feel. Im autistic and cant go away from the house by myself either.

No I haven't, because my mom works and my dad lives in another country.
My sister goes to school so I have to go by train everytime or by bicycle.. ( I live in holland it's very normal here to ride bikes haha)

Hmmm... tricky to tell without actually seeing your thoughts...
I love the outdoors, so I'm probably bad help I'm afraid.
I know this might sound mundane to ask, but who are "they"?

The people complotting against me..

ksdnfkfr
February 12th, 2014, 07:05 PM
No I haven't, because my mom works and my dad lives in another country.
My sister goes to school so I have to go by train everytime or by bicycle.. ( I live in holland it's very normal here to ride bikes haha)

The only thing i can think of that helps me a little sometimes, is pretending im in the Matrix when im outdoors and no one around me is real. Just programs going about their business. But that is really difficult having to go by yourself :(

Brown13
February 12th, 2014, 07:11 PM

I really like this idea but that alone wont help. I would say to constantly talk to yourself. I talk to myself (sometimes out loud) and tell myself usually they are not real, i can overcome anything, and who would want me? Who am i so important to that they want to get me?

ksdnfkfr
February 12th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I really like this idea but that alone wont help. I would say to constantly talk to yourself. I talk to myself (sometimes out loud) and tell myself usually they are not real, i can overcome anything, and who would want me? Who am i so important to that they want to get me?

yeah thats the only kind of strategy i know of.

Brown13
February 12th, 2014, 07:31 PM
yeah thats the only kind of strategy i know of.

Well now you know another :)

raempu
February 13th, 2014, 05:42 AM

That's a pretty good idea, I am going to try this.. I am not going out of my house today because I don't have to go anywhere and I just don't want to because I am too scared.. But if I am going out I defenitely will try this.. Thank you :)

The only thing i can think of that helps me a little sometimes, is pretending im in the Matrix when im outdoors and no one around me is real. Just programs going about their business. But that is really difficult having to go by yourself :(

Yes it is difficult.. It's a funny way of thinking and helping yourself and a good advice but I don't really know if it is something that would work for me.. I can try :) Thank you

ksdnfkfr
February 13th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Yes it is difficult.. It's a funny way of thinking and helping yourself and a good advice but I don't really know if it is something that would work for me.. I can try :) Thank you

sure thing. schizophrenia is an ugly beast thats hard to deal with.
But i feel like you have a good handle on it for what its worth. best to you :)

raempu
February 13th, 2014, 05:51 AM
sure thing. schizophrenia is an ugly beast thats hard to deal with.
But i feel like you have a good handle on it for what its worth. best to you :)

Ahw thank you very much, if you ever want to talk or something you can always send me a message.

Brown13
February 13th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Yeah the more ridiculous you make it seem the more i think it will work. Im here too if you need someone to talk to :)

ksdnfkfr
February 13th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Yeah the more ridiculous you make it seem the more i think it will work. Im here too if you need someone to talk to :)

Yeah, ive done that. kinda joke with myself to help calm down.
My cousin sent me a meme today that made me feel better

http://i.imgur.com/JTjE2io.jpg

raempu
February 13th, 2014, 06:37 AM

Ahw thank you very much. I will try to go outside when I need to.. for now I am safe inside :)

Yeah, ive done that. kinda joke with myself to help calm down.
My cousin sent me a meme today that made me feel better

image (http://i.imgur.com/JTjE2io.jpg)

Haha that's a funny one :)

mai-rin
February 13th, 2014, 06:46 AM
I have the same issue with leaving the house .I'm autistic and suffer with ptsd so I'd rather stay in bed at home all the time, which lately is all I've been doing as I'm homeschooled.It's even worse now that I've gotten ill because I've lost my hair and I'm embarrassed.I constantly fear that people will hurt me because of past experiences and i'm hyperallert most of the time looking around clocking everything around me.I do something similar to kashmir when I go out ,I try to imagine I'm in a matrix of sorts and that I'm the one in control ,I just cant let people know I'm afraid .This is something I'll need to put into practice frequently when I return to normal education.

I also meditate -I don't know whether it helps others ,but it calms me.Listening to music also helps when I'm out because I can block out the world around me.It's weird because I can almost initiate a sort of tunnel vision where everything else is insignificant and I only focus on where I'm going and what I'm doing.If I don't do that I'm a nervous wreck.I take my dad with me when I can because he used to get panic attacks so he is really understanding.My mum on the other hand thinks im using them to get my own way ....

I hope you can find something that works for you I know it must horrible for you~

raempu
February 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I have the same issue with leaving the house .I'm autistic and suffer with ptsd so I'd rather stay in bed at home all the time, which lately is all I've been doing as I'm homeschooled.It's even worse now that I've gotten ill because I've lost my hair and I'm embarrassed.I constantly fear that people will hurt me because of past experiences and i'm hyperallert most of the time looking around clocking everything around me.I do something similar to kashmir when I go out ,I try to imagine I'm in a matrix of sorts and that I'm the one in control ,I just cant let people know I'm afraid .This is something I'll need to put into practice frequently when I return to normal education.

I also meditate -I don't know whether it helps others ,but it calms me.Listening to music also helps when I'm out because I can block out the world around me.It's weird because I can almost initiate a sort of tunnel vision where everything else is insignificant and I only focus on where I'm going and what I'm doing.If I don't do that I'm a nervous wreck.I take my dad with me when I can because he used to get panic attacks so he is really understanding.My mum on the other hand thinks im using them to get my own way ....

I hope you can find something that works for you I know it must horrible for you~

Thank you for your story, it is very sad to hear you are so affraid to, and that you've got sick.. I wish you the best :)

I also put music on when I go outside, so I can tell apart if I hear things in my head or from outside, because when I have music on I can't hear the outside world so I know that if I hear something it is in my head..
Still it is very scary and I don't know what to do.. Meditation helps me too but I just don't have the time to do that or the silence in my house/head..

Thank you for your tips I will try to use them or try them out, hope it helps.