PDA

View Full Version : How could I get over shame?

Isabel_16
March 4th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Hi. I'm foreign student, frashman in college, famale, 16 y.o.
Last weekend I was at patry with senior guys from my college. I gor really drunk. The worst thing, I vomited and soiled my pants.
I told to my parents what happend. Of course I didn't say the truth. I didn't say I was drunk. I just said i was really sick. I ask my parents if could come back home, but they didn't allow. They told I'm grown up and I have to act like nothing happend.
My roommate told me, what everybody in college is discussing me and laghting.
I understand I have to dump it, but I havn't money for ticket and can't fly home.:(

Let Me Be a Pony
March 4th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Hi. I'm foreign student, frashman in college, famale, 16 y.o.
Last weekend I was at patry with senior guys from my college. I gor really drunk. The worst thing, I vomited and soiled my pants.
I told to my parents what happend. Of course I didn't say the truth. I didn't say I was drunk. I just said i was really sick. I ask my parents if could come back home, but they didn't allow. They told I'm grown up and I have to act like nothing happend.
My roommate told me, what everybody in college is discussing me and laghting.
I understand I have to dump it, but I havn't money for ticket and can't fly home.:(

Are you thinking of running away from college or what? It won't help much if you run away because of that one night. People who act like douches and talk behind your back aren't really friends. Yeah, you may bump into them weekly but why should you care about their opinions? Shit like this happens all the time. Their discussions will dry out and they'll move on. Your parents wouldn't want that for you. You're going to regret that choice in the future. Just carry on, don't drink as much and learn from the past, and most importantly appreciate the friends that are with you right now and forget about the ones that have left you.
Avoid the people that are shaming you and stay only with the friends that are always there for you.

PS: If you do drop out of college, they'll probably know the reason why you dropped out anyway. It would be more embarrassing for you if they know how easily you can be bent.
If you drop out, it would be almost as if you've sent them this thread for them to read.

clarpere
March 4th, 2016, 10:50 PM
things happen, i am so sorry you had to go through that it mustve been embarrassing. id say lay low for awhile, everything will die down... but stay in school! it is so important and none of these people will matter in your future! You are probably an intelligent young individual so take pride in that and just think about the moment and go "oops, accidentally pissed my pants" "oops, now everyones being rudeeeee" oops oops oops, thats all you can do rn and try to embrace it !
love u girly xoxo

lliam
March 5th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Think of it as a lesson for your future behavior in college. Experiences are made for this purposes. Simply avoid ever get drunk again. Move on. Party ... on ... a less level.