PDA

View Full Version : Full Concert Videos

ImCoolBeans
March 3rd, 2016, 12:33 PM
The Red Hot Chili Peppers have one of the best catalogues of live full set videos out there. I often find myself listening or watching entire live concerts they've put on over the years. They record and have almost every set professionally mastered now so anyone can enjoy their live music, and they've been doing this for a while. Some other bands do this but not really to the extent RHCP do.

Anyone else watch full sets from bands they like? I usually enjoy live music much more than recorded versions, and while watching the live videos isn't the same as being there, it's closer to it than the recorded versions.

azure moonstone
March 3rd, 2016, 12:49 PM
Absolutely. I love watching live sets by some of the bands I like, even if I am doing other things and just having it on in the background (in another tab). I'm more of a pop/rock kind of person so I like things like Extreme, Def Leppard, .38 Special, Aerosmith, Duran Duran, etc. I have seen of the RHCP shows that ImCoolBeans has mentioned as well, and they are a very good live band.

The Byrd
March 3rd, 2016, 01:20 PM
ZMNtkrRU9xM

Desuetude
March 3rd, 2016, 02:02 PM
I've watched a couple full live shows but they're often from festivals like Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park. It depends on how into the band I am. It needs to be one that I love and know most of the songs to or I get bored. I tend not to like the live songs they put on albums and end up skipping them but with the commentary and video of the full thing it makes it a lot more enjoyable.

everlong
March 3rd, 2016, 04:47 PM
Sometimes I do, but listening to recorded live shows is absolutely nothing compared to actually being there.

eric2001
March 3rd, 2016, 04:48 PM
Youtube has tons and tons of them for a LOT of bands.

Hyper
March 3rd, 2016, 10:48 PM
The Red Hot Chili Peppers have one of the best catalogues of live full set videos out there. I often find myself listening or watching entire live concerts they've put on over the years. They record and have almost every set professionally mastered now so anyone can enjoy their live music, and they've been doing this for a while. Some other bands do this but not really to the extent RHCP do.

Anyone else watch full sets from bands they like? I usually enjoy live music much more than recorded versions, and while watching the live videos isn't the same as being there, it's closer to it than the recorded versions.

Sometimes I do. The whole enjoyment depends on the band... Some bands are shit at live some sound better live than in the studio and some bands suck at recording or have their albums mixed horribly.

I got to ask though about the RHCP lives... They've been mastered, have they been mastered like their studio albums? I really like RHCP but the way they're studio albums are butchered with loudness is a crying shame.

ImCoolBeans
March 3rd, 2016, 11:21 PM
Sometimes I do. The whole enjoyment depends on the band... Some bands are shit at live some sound better live than in the studio and some bands suck at recording or have their albums mixed horribly.

I got to ask though about the RHCP lives... They've been mastered, have they been mastered like their studio albums? I really like RHCP but the way they're studio albums are butchered with loudness is a crying shame.

I have to disagree, I don't think their studio albums are butchered in any way. But hey, everyone has different taste.

I think the live sets are mastered pretty well. There are a ton of unofficial videos on youtube, but this one is from their site:
whJPYdzW3Rs
The intro jam into Can't Stop is pretty awesome.

You can actually buy a ton of their sets on their website. They do it for pretty much every show they play now. My favorites are the old ones with John Frusciante in the band, though.

Hyper
March 4th, 2016, 12:02 AM
I have to disagree, I don't think their studio albums are butchered in any way. But hey, everyone has different taste.

I think the live sets are mastered pretty well. There are a ton of unofficial videos on youtube, but this one is from their site:
whJPYdzW3Rs
The intro jam into Can't Stop is pretty awesome.

You can actually buy a ton of their sets on their website. They do it for pretty much every show they play now. My favorites are the old ones with John Frusciante in the band, though.

Ehh it's not a matter of disagreeing...

I don't know of any other rock artist with real popularity that has such a huge level of loudness in their mixes.

The audio is boosted by 15-30 decibels on the RHCP records... It's a muddlefuck sadly - that part of course is up to personal taste, but I think if you have ears you have to oppose loudness in mixes :P

I'll check the stuff out. Also no buying for me, poor as dirt!

ImCoolBeans
March 4th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Ehh it's not a matter of disagreeing...

I don't know of any other rock artist with real popularity that has such a huge level of loudness in their mixes.

The audio is boosted by 15-30 decibels on the RHCP records... It's a muddlefuck sadly - that part of course is up to personal taste, but I think if you have ears you have to oppose loudness in mixes :P

I'll check the stuff out. Also no buying for me, poor as dirt!

That's the thing, I don't think their mixes are really too loud :P

I haven't bought any of them myself. They're all available online in one way or another :P

Hyper
March 4th, 2016, 12:39 AM
That's the thing, I don't think their mixes are really too loud :P

I haven't bought any of them myself. They're all available online in one way or another :P

I think you need your ears checked :'(

Or you are listening to your music on some really crappy equipment.

But I can't AWAKEN your ears through the internet sadly.

Luuc
April 13th, 2016, 11:47 AM
That's not really a live show of a band, but I really enjoy listening to live sets of DJs on festivals and shows, such as Tomorrowland or UMF. I really enjoyed listening to this huge set of Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike from their own tour Bringing the World The Madness.

I don't reckon there are many people here that enjoy EDM but if you want to try just give it a go! :)
acnCwXgstyw

Typhlosion
April 21st, 2016, 08:01 AM
I'm usually listening to music while doing something else, so it's rare that I ever watch a live recording. They're a blast to watch indeed, but just for listening I'd rather the studio versions.

Edit: Except Metallica's Of Wolf and Man on S&M. That one worked pretty well with the orchestra.