PDA

View Full Version : ACT Test

davdev17
March 2nd, 2016, 09:27 PM
Has anybody else taken the ACT? I took it yesterday and don't think I did very well. The English section was good and the math was okay, but the reading and science killed me. I do really well at science classes, but the graphs and stuff were horrible. My brain has been kind of fried ever since. If you've taken it did you have trouble, and what did you get?

West Coast Sheriff
March 2nd, 2016, 09:33 PM
I got a 25 composite last April. I scored 31 on English, 27 on math, 20 science, 18 reading.

I found science and reading difficult, math was okay and English was pretty good.

Andy0308
March 2nd, 2016, 09:46 PM
I took one in December and made a 21,I also took it yesterday and I felt like most of it was easier except for the science part.The science part horrible, I didn't understand the questions at all and guessed on most of them if not all of them, everything else was pretty easy

Elysium
March 2nd, 2016, 09:59 PM
I took it once and got a 34 as my composite score. I don't remember my sectional scores.

StoppingTom
March 2nd, 2016, 10:13 PM
I got a 30 on my first go at it, without any kind of prep work, so I decided to not bother retaking it. If I'm not wrong, schools are beginning to look more at your ACT scores than SAT scores.

davdev17
March 2nd, 2016, 10:43 PM
I prepped for the english and math sections a lot because I thought that those would be my weak sections. I am going to take I again in a month and I will actually study for those so hopefully I will do better. On a practice ACT I took in 9th grade I got a 20 I think. My goal is at least a 28. I am going to take it at least 2 more times so hopefully I can get there.

West Coast Sheriff
March 2nd, 2016, 11:53 PM
I took it once and got a 34 as my composite score. I don't remember my sectional scores.

That's really good! Nice!

I got a 30 on my first go at it, without any kind of prep work, so I decided to not bother retaking it. If I'm not wrong, schools are beginning to look more at your ACT scores than SAT scores.

Schools look at them the same. I think more people are just taking the ACT now. I did hear that it's also a region thing. West coast people like the ACT and East coast the SAT. Maybe the east coast is starting to embrace the ACT more.