PDA

View Full Version : scary subjects in therapy

thatgothgirluknow
March 1st, 2016, 10:02 PM
i have a secret something that i am so embarrassed of that i could never tell anyone thing is that it's destroying me at the moment and my therapist has no clue he knows that i have been hurting myself again but doesn't know why in fact he believes it's because of another issue so here goes im asexual and find the human body absolutely disgusting in many ways but puberty isn't being so kind to me meaning that even though i am not sexually attracted to people i still have the need for release sometimes not because u want sex for fun but because u need to almost (hormones) the best way of explaining this is by quoting another asexual person "It happens, and I'm female. It's uncomfortable at times hot weird feeling that's just stuck there. Almost feels "itchy" in my opinion, but not itchy like you need to scratch it, you know? I guess that's why it feels like a relief when you take care of it - it's like 'ahhhh the itch is gone." but you see this feeling makes me feel disgusting and like crap it makes me hate myself and get angry and upset but im scared to explain to my therapist and it's a man to make things worse.

West Coast Sheriff
March 1st, 2016, 10:08 PM
Two options:

Whenever you get the "itch," open a notebook and draw or write. Think about whatever is going on. Get it out and preoccupy yourself with other things.

Accept the human body. You don't have to be attracted to anyone, however, you can accept the body. Accept that humans have urges and they need to be taken care of.

Fiction
March 3rd, 2016, 02:14 PM
Why does it make you so disgusted with yourself? You're right that it's something almost everyone does and nothing to be ashamed of at all.

It doesn't have to mean you're attaracted to anyone, it just is what it is.

It's normal, most people do it and there's no point hating yourself for it.

Hyper
March 3rd, 2016, 11:00 PM
Your theraphist is supposed to be someone who you can trust and who will not betray that trust.

If you don't feel that way then just leave the subject be - it could be too early for you, you might need time to form that trust.

But do not bury this subject entirely - revulsion of your own body is a very unhealthy thing and you need to work it out sooner or later.

If you are seeing a good certified theraphist I assure you there is nothing to fear. They are trained extensively and are generally great people. However as I said it's important for you to feel that you can trust him before you start approaching these scary topics, if his gender is a big obstacle in the matter then you should tell him so he can refer you to a female theraphist instead.