PDA

View Full Version : Suicide [TRIGGER WARNING]

benlodge123
March 1st, 2016, 02:51 PM
Yesterday, a girl at my school in year 12/13 I presume commited suicide. According to posts on Facebook from people mourning her death, she was depressed. She took anti depressants more than you should. She died later on. I am in year 10 so I didn't know her. But that's beside the point.

What makes you think that suicide will solve your problems? You all have so much to for live for. Whether straight, gay or bisexual. Fat or thin. Tall or short. The amount of people that would miss you would surely be unreal.

Me myself, have had suicide thoughts on numerous occasions:

1.) I was so overwhelmed when my mate died of a brain tumour.

2. I was being bullied by a large group of people. (Happily that's stopped apart from one stupid sod)

3. Families apart!

My question to you is:

1.) How do you overcome suicide thoughts?

2.) Have you ever lost someone close? How did that make you feel?

Everyone is here to help! If you ever want to talk feel free to message me! Peace ✌

Karkat
March 1st, 2016, 06:23 PM
To put it bluntly, those who experience severe mental illness literally cannot be arsed about anyone else.

And it's not because they're assholes, or they're selfish- they're just unable to think properly whatsoever. ESPECIALLY unmedicated persons, but that's aside from the point.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as thinking about 'who would miss you'. Admittedly, when things aren't that bad, it's a deterrent. But a lot of people who suffer from long-term suicidal thoughts or severe mental illness (that results in suicidal thoughts) can't just think about 'what there is to live for' or 'who would miss them'. It's definitely better than nothing, but when you have been in the position for months or years without any sort of change, you essentially lose your mind. There is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You're sick. You can't function properly.

Personally, as someone with severe anxiety and depressive states (that can result in months of unending, severe depression in which I am unable to care for myself if unmedicated), as well as paranoia, I have struggled with suicidal thoughts, as well as multiple attempts, for over a decade.

Typically, if I am not medicated, as well as living a somewhat stable life, no amount of self-talk will be enough to keep me from being completely incapable of taking after myself. I may also attempt suicide at this point.

However, when I am somewhat stable, at very least, and medicated, the things that help me overcome suicidal thoughts are fairly simple, but important to me.

-I connect with nature. I go outside, and breath in fresh air, soak in sunlight, hear birds chirping.
-I watch something that's funny, and laugh. Something that tremendously calms me down and puts me at ease.
-I talk to a good friend who will not exacerbate my situation, who can help me calm down.
-I play with my hamster, and spend time with her (when she isn't hyper as dicks)
-I pray, or if I am in a mental state where I can, I meditate.

I've never lost anyone REALLY close to me in death, however I have come close with very close friends and family members. I have also lost someone extremely close to me in a way other than death, and could lose them for the rest of my life. It's extremely painful.