PDA

View Full Version : Better reply system.

TeenPortland
March 1st, 2016, 02:12 AM
Try to get rid of the silly code stuff, just have it say the quote and then a space for you too add or copy paste quote.

mahony0509
March 1st, 2016, 02:44 AM
I disagree with this. Code is the framework behind the forum, the code is necessary and allows you to be more creative with what you post.

Elysium
March 1st, 2016, 07:18 AM
You mean having a "rich" text editor? I'm not sure our version of vBulletin allows for that. Besides, the code isn't that tricky or difficult to navigate.

ImCoolBeans
March 1st, 2016, 03:24 PM
If you hit the quote button you don't need to type any BB code, the quote is automatically placed in your reply.

Silicate Wielder
April 10th, 2016, 05:54 PM
I disagree with this. Code is the framework behind the forum, the code is necessary and allows you to be more creative with what you post.

I think OP is asking that BBCODE not be visible though. So that you can click a quote button you'll end up with a empty quote box to type in. Of course typing out BBCODE would still work fine too.

Serra
April 10th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Isn't there something like an enhanced editor,you can change to it if you go to edit options?

Sonicomsk
April 11th, 2016, 09:59 AM
i think that quick button should highlight the person you want to respond, as sometimes it better to simply respond not quote the message

azure moonstone
April 11th, 2016, 10:43 AM
i think that quick button should highlight the person you want to respond, as sometimes it better to simply respond not quote the message

It's very easy to tag any other member (as seen here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220096)) that you wish to see your message. :)

Typhlosion
April 11th, 2016, 06:22 PM
I'd like to note that the full post writing/editing experience isn't for every browser or something like that. On my Firefox (45.0.2) I can use the editor's features and see the results immediately. On Chrome and Microsoft Edge, however, clicking the editor's buttons just surrounds the selected text with the corresponding BBCode.

Sonicomsk
April 12th, 2016, 01:52 AM
It's very easy to tag any other member (as seen here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220096)) that you wish to see your message. :)

Aw, thanks

And if there are space in nickname

Ain't system will count it as different words?

azure moonstone
April 12th, 2016, 05:25 AM
Aw, thanks

And if there are space in nickname

Ain't system will count it as different words?

The system will still recognize it, even with a space.