PDA

View Full Version : Essay, help

Sheriff McGregor
February 28th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I'm doing a research paper along the lines of LGBTQ movement, extinguishing gender roles, teens who are LGBTQ. I need three body paragraphs. Once I come up with what each body paragraph is about, I think creating a thesis and writing the paper should be easier.

Mars
February 28th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Wait so what do you need help with?

kylem1229
February 28th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Do you need body paragraph ideas? Were you given an outline with specific points you need to go off of, or is it kind of a free for all on ideas?

I would go with 1 of the paragraphs being some history of it. See if you can get some examples in the past where it originated, to where it stands today.

Another paragraph could be pick a person, and describe their life. You can pick a normal teen, or a famous teen. Describe them, and the hardships they may have had to overcome, and how they deal with being picked on or harassed about it.

Another paragraph idea is the religious "laws" about it. Different religions have different "laws" about what one can and cannot do. Find some that allow it, some that dont and compare.

There are lots of sub topics out there, just use your mind.

Sheriff McGregor
February 28th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Wait so what do you need help with?

Figuring out what each body paragraph should be about

Do you need body paragraph ideas? Were you given an outline with specific points you need to go off of, or is it kind of a free for all on ideas?

I would go with 1 of the paragraphs being some history of it. See if you can get some examples in the past where it originated, to where it stands today.

Another paragraph could be pick a person, and describe their life. You can pick a normal teen, or a famous teen. Describe them, and the hardships they may have had to overcome, and how they deal with being picked on or harassed about it.

Another paragraph idea is the religious "laws" about it. Different religions have different "laws" about what one can and cannot do. Find some that allow it, some that dont and compare.

There are lots of sub topics out there, just use your mind.

Our teacher just said to pick a topic. This was what I wanted to learn about so I chose this. I need ideas with body paragraphs. I'm going to focus on research first and the think so,e more later

Reghan
February 28th, 2016, 08:30 PM
What about how a paragraph on how the LGBTQ movement has grow. In the past 50 years?

Sheriff McGregor
February 28th, 2016, 08:56 PM
What about how a paragraph on how the LGBTQ movement has grow. In the past 50 years?

I checked out a book about gay history in America that has info from the 19th century.

I have two parenting books (making sure your kid is straight cisgender and the other is raising a kid that doesn't conform to gender stereotypes and roles). I have a book about discovering ones own gender identity. And, I have a book about teens and their personal transgender testimonies