PDA

View Full Version : Why do catholic schools make us wear black shorts under our uniform skirts?

staceylee1245
February 27th, 2016, 09:14 PM
I go to a catholic school since I was 5 and have to wear a uniform which has been a jumper when I was a Junior and now a skirt as a senior but the whole way through all of us girls have always had to wear black shorts under our jumpers and skirts and I never really understood why.

Amber999
February 27th, 2016, 09:18 PM
I go to a private school, similar to a catholic school but we don't have to wear shorts underneath. Guess it depends on the school.

staceylee1245
February 27th, 2016, 09:28 PM
I go to a private school, similar to a catholic school but we don't have to wear shorts underneath. Guess it depends on the school.

My school basically says in it's school uniform policy all girls must wear black shorts under their jumpers and skirts at all times.

Amber999
February 27th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Likely out of modesty in some cases, we wear a tartan/kilt skirt at my school. Just gotta be careful sitting, standing, and stooping.

SethfromMI
February 27th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Likely out of modesty in some cases, we wear a tartan/kilt skirt at my school. Just gotta be careful sitting, standing, and stooping.

while I am a guy, I assumed it had to be for modesty reasons. even more so if boys also go to the school

staceylee1245
February 27th, 2016, 09:42 PM
while I am a guy, I assumed it had to be for modesty reasons. even more so if boys also go to the school

Yep there's boys at my school

Sheriff McGregor
February 27th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Yes, boys will naturally want to look. For your privacy, it's best to censor that. Also, the school doesn't want to expose them to that. It's for modesty. Guys will learn to respect women more if they are dressed appropriately.

staceylee1245
February 27th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Yes, boys will naturally want to look. For your privacy, it's best to censor that. Also, the school doesn't want to expose them to that. It's for modesty. Guys will learn to respect women more if they are dressed appropriately.

Boys really look up girls skirts? I guess the boys at my school know girls have to wear shorts under there so they don't try it

Sheriff McGregor
February 27th, 2016, 11:01 PM
I personally don't. I don't think other boys deliberately aim to look up girls skirts but, if they turn around and a girl is sitting, they might see her panties. It would violate the girls privacy and that's why the schools aims to prevent it.

Reise
February 28th, 2016, 06:36 AM
http://d1udmfvw0p7cd2.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/wn20130316s1a-870x579.jpg

I've been to a Catholic school. Nobody has ever been asked to wear specific clothes.

Amber999
February 28th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Does your school have a rule on how short skirts are? If too short that may be why?

Taryn98
February 28th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I've never heard of such a rule. I know a couple people that go to Catholic school and they don't have regulations like this.

staceylee1245
March 1st, 2016, 05:30 AM
Does your school have a rule on how short skirts are? If too short that may be why?

Yep the skirts are meant be around knee length and can't be any shorter than 2 inches above the knee when standing but the second the skirt looks like it comes above the knee like that the teachers start telling us to buy new skirts that are longer.

We also have to always wear around mid thigh length black spandex shorts under the skirts. They say the shorts have to at least be long enough to not be mistaken as underwear and cover up a decent amount. In Winter when we wear tights we still have to wear the black spandex shorts over the tights because tights can be see through.

My school is extremely strict on it's uniform and basically has zero tolerance toward underwear showing.

staceylee1245
March 1st, 2016, 05:31 AM
I've never heard of such a rule. I know a couple people that go to Catholic school and they don't have regulations like this.

My school has an extremely strict uniform policy and they really hate any underwear showing

kirsty_js16
March 18th, 2016, 05:56 AM
could be for modesty reasons or the school been old fashioned and strict about school uniform like at my school

Britboo14
March 18th, 2016, 06:39 AM
I go to a catholic school since I was 5 and have to wear a uniform which has been a jumper when I was a Junior and now a skirt as a senior but the whole way through all of us girls have always had to wear black shorts under our jumpers and skirts and I never really understood why.

I would think it's pretty obvious..

Doro15
May 6th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Try out to wear pink shorts.

Body odah Man
May 6th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Modesty reasons probably

Xiao.Z
May 6th, 2016, 03:32 PM

For not show underwear.