PDA

View Full Version : Spring prom dresses (Long or Short?)

Amber999
February 27th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Looking for some advice on what might be the best length for spring prom?

West Coast Sheriff
February 27th, 2016, 07:23 PM
It seemed like last year, short dresses were the trend. I think medium length dresses look the best. Does length really matter? Find the dress you like first— the one that seems right. The length shouldn't dictate which dress you choose. But if it does, longer is better than shoulder. That's just a guys opinion. Most guys think all dresses look fine. It's girls who will judge and compete so, you might want insight from other women.

Moriya
February 27th, 2016, 07:44 PM
I'd go for short dresses. But honestly, it's your choice. I bet you'll look good either way :)

SkyClad33605
February 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I've always preferred dresses below the knee for prom and above the knee for homecoming.

Amber999
February 27th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Leaning toward short, but how short is probably the better question.

everlong
February 27th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Just pick whichever one looks best to you, or whichever one has the best design. If I had to pick one, I'd say short.

Taryn98
February 28th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Most dresses I've seen this year have been long, but just try a bunch on and find one you like. Who cares if it's short or long as long as it fits your school's rules. I know a lot of school's have strict policies on what you can and can't wear.

Jordan99
February 29th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Most dresses I've seen this year have been long, but just try a bunch on and find one you like. Who cares if it's short or long as long as it fits your school's rules. I know a lot of school's have strict policies on what you can and can't wear.

This. Although my personal preference is a shorter dress to show off my legs. Besides, it is sooooo hot here in Arizona that a shorter dress allows my legs to stay cooler. Taryn makes sense though because the dress has to meet school dress code.

Amber999
February 29th, 2016, 02:47 PM
This. Although my personal preference is a shorter dress to show off my legs. Besides, it is sooooo hot here in Arizona that a shorter dress allows my legs to stay cooler. Taryn makes sense though because the dress has to meet school dress code.

I have some cousins in AZ, visited many times and yes it is oh so hot.

Our school has the fingertip rule, but hardly enforces it.

Melodic
February 29th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I'd personally pick a shorter dress in my case since longer dresses don't look well on me.

However, it's really just what works for you.

Doro15
March 1st, 2016, 03:52 PM

However, it's really just what works for you.

correct, you have to feel good in it.

Amber999
March 1st, 2016, 08:08 PM
Just picked it up today... shorter skirt, sleeveless top in shimmering pink.

Actually I decided on this for spring fling...http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/album.php?albumid=7926&pictureid=41541

Posts merged, next time use the "Edit Posts" feature.~Giygas