PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Lift?

dbfordateam
February 24th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Mine has to be squats. Why hurt my knees when I can deadlift? Squats kill my knees, front and back squat do. While leg press is alright, Leg press only takes into account the weight that's being lifted while squats take into account your body weight as well, it is also on 45-degree angle so it might not pull in the stabilizer muscles and the core as a squat might. So I think the deadlift reigns over those two lifts. Share your least favorite lift and/or exercise.

Sheriff McGregor
February 24th, 2016, 09:49 PM
We have to hang clean in my weightlifting class. It's awful.

As far as favorites, it really changes every month. Right now, I like deads. I'm really going to focus on increasing my weight.

Mars
February 24th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Anything that has to do with triceps. That shit hurts

Typhlosion
February 24th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Lifting from bed to go to class is the worst IMO

dbfordateam
February 24th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Lifting from bed to go to class is the worst IMO

This made me laugh, thank you so much. But I agree this may be a close second to squats for me at least.

Anything that has to do with triceps. That shit hurts

I find if something hurts to try to change the angle or reps or weight or even change the machine/ weight movement to hit that muscle. Maybe that may alleviate some pain.

We have to hang clean in my weightlifting class. It's awful.

As far as favorites, it really changes every month. Right now, I like deads. I'm really going to focus on increasing my weight.

Ugh hang clean, it's bearable for me but I can totally see why people get frustrated or hate it.
Yeah, I really enjoy deadlifts just because it incorporates a lot of body muscles.

Posts merged. Use the "multi" button when quoting several posts. ~Mars

Sheriff McGregor
February 24th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Ugh hang clean, it's bearable for me but I can totally see why people get frustrated or hate it.
Yeah, I really enjoy deadlifts just because it incorporates a lot of body muscles.

You know there is a multi quote feature?

And yes, every muscle is basically used - except for biceps and chest.

Reghan
February 25th, 2016, 02:06 AM
All of the above

benlodge123
February 25th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Peck deck

Living For Love
February 25th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Triceps exercises are the worst in my opinion.

Sports Boy
February 25th, 2016, 12:58 PM
shoulder shrugs suck.

Lolly16
February 25th, 2016, 02:57 PM
squats is love

lemondrop
March 28th, 2016, 08:57 AM
well looking on my PR's... i would say overhead press

Plane And Simple
March 28th, 2016, 09:03 AM
well looking on my PR's... i would say overhead press

Agreed. This tires me out so much more than chest presses for instance, I hate it so much that most of the times I just skip it :P

lemondrop
March 28th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Agreed. This tires me out so much more than chest presses for instance, I hate it so much that most of the times I just skip it :P

yea...easy to snap ,break and etc...

ImCoolBeans
March 29th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Squats suck, but I really hate chest flys the most.