PDA

View Full Version : Skull Surgery due to bullet wound in right frontal lobe

Chapperz16
February 22nd, 2016, 03:42 PM
I am thinking about having cosmetic surgery to alter my appearance after a bullet tore through my right frontal lobe and passed through my skull. Luckily the angle and velocity of it meant that it did not pierce any major blood arteries/vessels or the left side of the brain where cognitive action occurs.

I underwent craniofacial surgery and have had an eye op since but I'm now starting to notice the droopiness in my left eye more and more, especially when I eat. I've been told that I can have cosmetic surgery to adjust the position of my eye and to reconstruct my forhead but my parents have repeatedly told me that I look completely fins to them.

I know I'd like to have this surgery done but I get the feeling that my parents would rather that I don't change what I look like so I'm stuck in the middle between choosing what I kinda selfishly want or staying as I am which is what my parents want.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should do? Its really stressing me out on top of school work.

Endeavour
February 22nd, 2016, 05:51 PM
It is your body so really it is up to you what you do, but I think you might need parental consent until you are 18. Your parents are probably only worried about you, so not wanting to have an operation you don't need.

NZPerson
February 27th, 2016, 04:05 AM
If you do it which i suggest you do for reasons ill explain in a second do it in the school holidays or after exams to cut the stress.

Also because your a teen still in puberty it would be better to do this now because your young so your body heals and cleaner and also it will tend to develop with you as it heals so you could look completely normal when your 21 or do it when your twenty one and look different for the rest of time.

ImCoolBeans
March 2nd, 2016, 10:25 AM
It's your body and you should do what you feel will make you happy in the long run. If it's causing you stress or anxiety, then maybe you should talk to your parents about how it's making you feel coupled with other stress you have in your life. At the end of the day I think your parents will support you and will want to see you happy.

Fiction
March 3rd, 2016, 02:18 PM
If it's damaging your self-esteem then I think you should have it done. As everyone else has said, it's your body and it's you that has to live with it for the rest of your life. If you think having the cosmetic surgery will make you happier, then do it.

Chapperz16
March 20th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the support and advice, I've decided to have it done despite my parents plain sadness.

Stronk Serb
March 22nd, 2016, 01:43 AM
I think you should do it. Tell them that you don't look fine to yourself and that you wish to look like old self. Also what do you see when you look yourself in the mirror, not literally but what does your face spark in you. How do you feel about your look?

Silicate Wielder
April 9th, 2016, 06:25 PM
I am thinking about having cosmetic surgery to alter my appearance after a bullet tore through my right frontal lobe and passed through my skull. Luckily the angle and velocity of it meant that it did not pierce any major blood arteries/vessels or the left side of the brain where cognitive action occurs.

I underwent craniofacial surgery and have had an eye op since but I'm now starting to notice the droopiness in my left eye more and more, especially when I eat. I've been told that I can have cosmetic surgery to adjust the position of my eye and to reconstruct my forhead but my parents have repeatedly told me that I look completely fins to them.

I know I'd like to have this surgery done but I get the feeling that my parents would rather that I don't change what I look like so I'm stuck in the middle between choosing what I kinda selfishly want or staying as I am which is what my parents want.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should do? Its really stressing me out on top of school work.

It depends on how noticeable it is, is it something you have to look for, or is it something that stands out like a sore thumb? if it's the latter I can understand the wanting to get cosmetic surgery. Personally I would get it if I were in your situation.

It's your body so do what you want with it. But just make sure you're parent's have the money to do it. They may be trying to cover up any signs of financial troubles for your sake. Surgery can be really expensive.

SethfromMI
April 9th, 2016, 07:34 PM
I don't blame you for wanting to get it done despite your parents feelings. In your position, I would want the same thing. are they going to give permission to the doctor or do you even need it over there at your age?

it is a blessing your alive, most people in your situation would want the surgery, completely understandable