PDA

View Full Version : Criminal minds!

Reghan
February 21st, 2016, 09:39 PM
Okay I guess I'll start a new thread!

Who else watches?

I'm super pumped for the Emily Prentiss return...even if it's only for one episode.

azure moonstone
February 21st, 2016, 10:26 PM
I've been watching this from the beginning on Netflix (though I am on a break right now because I can only watch so much in any span of time), and I am on season 5.

I think it's a good show.

Sheriff McGregor
February 21st, 2016, 10:43 PM

Who else watches?

I'm super pumped for the Emily Prentiss return...even if it's only for one episode.

I used to really watch it. I'll still watch reruns on ion from time to time.
That's cool Emily will be back; I'll have to tell my brother. He's a big fan.

Reghan
February 24th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Did anyone watch the new episode???

Sheriff McGregor
February 24th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Did anyone watch the new episode???

No but, I'm open to spoilers, what went down?

Reghan
February 25th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Morgan was taken at the end of the episode by some dudes! xD

watch?v=pXjaJUQFqYg

pXjaJUQFqYg

Omg finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it!!!!!!!

Posts merged. Please use the "edit" button next time. ~Mars

TheSmokingMan
February 28th, 2016, 05:53 PM
I absolutely love Criminal Minds!! I own Seasons 1-9 and I really need to buy 10. I'm currently on the edge of my freaking seat after that cliffhanger last week! This show has always been good at mid-season twists like that...

I'm not excited to find out which BAU member is leaving the team this year though... I have my suspicions after last week's episode, but I will be utterly heartbroken if I'm right!!
(I've also been watching all the old ones in order from the beginning. I'm currently at Season 4, Episode 14, "Cold Comfort".)
Excellent show.

Reghan
February 28th, 2016, 08:06 PM
I absolutely love Criminal Minds!! I own Seasons 1-9 and I really need to buy 10. I'm currently on the edge of my freaking seat after that cliffhanger last week! This show has always been good at mid-season twists like that...

I'm not excited to find out which BAU member is leaving the team this year though... I have my suspicions after last week's episode, but I will be utterly heartbroken if I'm right!!
(I've also been watching all the old ones in order from the beginning. I'm currently at Season 4, Episode 14, "Cold Comfort".)
Excellent show.

Shemar moore is leaving the show. :(

TheSmokingMan
February 28th, 2016, 08:16 PM

NO!!! What will they do about that I wonder??? That's really sad. I have a feeling that will hurt their ratings, and therefore future renewals... I love Criminal Minds and it will be very different without Shemar... But, I can understand his leaving. I mean, he was on this show for 11 years. That's very impressive in itself, but it doesn't make it easier... :(

Reghan
February 28th, 2016, 08:21 PM
There is most likely going to be a season 12. I'm not sure about season 13 though. Depends on what they do with 12. I'm not ready to have to watch reruns for the rest of my life yet Dx

The railings won't drop right away. Emily Prentiss is coming back for episode 19!

PinkFloyd
February 29th, 2016, 01:22 AM
It's my favorite show right now! I just watched the last episode, and wow...

TheSmokingMan
February 29th, 2016, 07:43 AM
There is most likely going to be a season 12. I'm not sure about season 13 though. Depends on what they do with 12. I'm not ready to have to watch reruns for the rest of my life yet Dx

The railings won't drop right away. Emily Prentiss is coming back for episode 19!

Yes! I'm actually very excited about seeing Emily again! I miss her. But I have to admit that I miss Alex Blake more... :) Alex is, and will always be, my favorite female supporting character :)

And by the way, I really feel you about watching reruns... I lost The Mentalist last year, I'm not ready to lose Criminal Minds yet!!!

Sheriff McGregor
February 29th, 2016, 10:42 AM

What?! He was my favorite character on the show

swimjoey1
February 29th, 2016, 12:18 PM
I pvr the show and watch it when I have time.

Reghan
February 29th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Penelope Garcia will always be my favorite, but I love Emily Prentiss.

I'm not ready to lose this show at all Dx.

TheSmokingMan
February 29th, 2016, 08:57 PM

Who else watches?

I just rewatched last week's episode! :) (Mom needed to get caught up.) Wednesday really can't come fast enough... Watching the episode the 2nd time I took the ending more personally.. :mad:

Gosh, I love this show.

Reghan
February 29th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Me too! Can't wait for Wednesday!

TheSmokingMan
March 2nd, 2016, 08:58 PM
Me too! Can't wait for Wednesday!

Are you ready?? Brace yourself ;)

Reghan
March 2nd, 2016, 09:09 PM
Loving it so far! I hate commercials tho........

TheSmokingMan
March 2nd, 2016, 10:05 PM
Loving it so far! I hate commercials tho........

Correct me if I'm wrong... But... THAT WAS THE MOST EMOTIONAL EPISODE SINCE "100"!!!

Reghan
March 2nd, 2016, 10:09 PM
Ehhh don't forget Lauren...and the end of JJ...and the ending of Hit/Run with JJ's wedding...

I liked it. I do wish the team was in this episode a little more. Most of this was Derek and his father. I would've like more teamy moments.

TheSmokingMan
March 2nd, 2016, 10:32 PM
Ehhh don't forget Lauren...and the end of JJ...and the ending of Hit/Run with JJ's wedding...

I liked it. I do wish the team was in this episode a little more. Most of this was Derek and his father. I would've like more teamy moments.

Ok ok ok... I will give you Lauren, but no episode actually has made me cry besides tonight's, and 100. But yes, Lauren (and its follow up "It Takes A Village") had a very emotional arc.

I agree that seeing the team more would have been nice, and I was hoping that this would be related to the one incarcerated hitman(women ;) ) from "Entropy".

Oh well... But it was excellent. I'm looking forward to the final episodes of this phenomenal, dare I say, "revival", season, as well as the DVD release and upcoming Spin-off "Beyond Boarders" (which appropriately premieres on my birthday :) )

Reghan
March 2nd, 2016, 10:44 PM
I don't think I'll be watching beyond borders....

qI3x-uMlgzw

This scene made me tear up for sure.

TheSmokingMan
March 2nd, 2016, 10:47 PM
I don't think I'll be watching beyond borders....

qI3x-uMlgzw

This scene made me tear up for sure.

Oh crap! I can't even believe I forgot about one from sreason 8... One of the HARDEST scenes to watch was Strauss's funeral. That was really hard. Talk about emotional....

Why won't you be watching Beyond Boarders? If it can maintain the darkness/excellent characters it will be very similar to "Crossing Lines".

Reghan
March 2nd, 2016, 10:50 PM
I like the team we have in the original Criminal Minds. I've grown attached to them. I don't want to have to meet a new cast.

Also what about Nelson's Sparrow? That one was heartbreaking...Oh and Maeve's death :(

TheSmokingMan
March 2nd, 2016, 10:59 PM
I like the team we have in the original Criminal Minds. I've grown attached to them. I don't want to have to meet a new cast.

Also what about Nelson's Sparrow? That one was heartbreaking...Oh and Maeve's death :(

OK OK OK... You got me :P I guess I didn't think about how far back 100 was... But, however... 100 will always be the "ultimate" for me. Maeve's death WAS heartbreaking though... For me, Nelson's Sparrow simply provided closure to Gideon. It was more of a relief. Grim as it may sound...

OH! I also took it very hard when Alex Blake left suddenly in "Demons". That was hard for me. I think she was my favorite character of all times.
(That opinion is nothing short of controversial ;) )

Reghan
March 3rd, 2016, 04:28 AM
OK OK OK... You got me :P I guess I didn't think about how far back 100 was... But, however... 100 will always be the "ultimate" for me. Maeve's death WAS heartbreaking though... For me, Nelson's Sparrow simply provided closure to Gideon. It was more of a relief. Grim as it may sound...

OH! I also took it very hard when Alex Blake left suddenly in "Demons". That was hard for me. I think she was my favorite character of all times.
(That opinion is nothing short of controversial ;) )
I can't stand it when anyone from the team cries tbh.

You should check out my fanfiction!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11665685/1/Gone

This one is my favorite that I've written :)

everlong
March 3rd, 2016, 04:47 PM
I've never seen it

Hyper
March 3rd, 2016, 10:50 PM
I think they've kept it going way too long but that's just me.

I lost interest around 4-5 seasons in. But the first few seasons with Giddeon ohh gawd.

Reghan
March 4th, 2016, 03:02 AM
I could never lose interest! I love it too much <3

TheSmokingMan
March 4th, 2016, 06:56 PM

Ah. I see. I actually out right cried today when I rewatched Derek. Such a heavy episode!
I will definitely check out your fanfiction! I'm sure that it is wonderful with your passion for this show and characters :)

TheSmokingMan
March 4th, 2016, 06:57 PM
I could never lose interest! I love it too much <3

Amen sister!! ;) :)

Reghan
March 5th, 2016, 01:16 AM
Amen sister!! ;) :)

The only way I would stop watching is if we lost Garcia and Reid. Then I'd be done.

Reghan
March 5th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Ah. I see. I actually out right cried today when I rewatched Derek. Such a heavy episode!
I will definitely check out your fanfiction! I'm sure that it is wonderful with your passion for this show and characters :)

Thank you! I put a lot of effort and time into my FF so I do hope you like it!

TheSmokingMan
March 7th, 2016, 10:11 PM

WOW! I just spent the last hour binge reading Gone :) You have a very good imagination. It is clear you know the characters very well. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. You are excellent :)

You also inspired me. I have been planning to write a horror novella for about a month now, but "Gone" has truly inspired me to pursue that project. My novella-in-the-making ("Storm Front") is practice. My endgame is to write a trilogy of full length novels based around my own team of BAU agents. I have wanted to write the first book in the trilogy (titled "The Scent of Ferns") for two years now... It is a story I fully intend to tell :)

Reghan
March 7th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Awww thank you! That means a lot!! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it and you should definitely pursue writing if you're passionate about it! Glad I could help :D

TheSmokingMan
March 7th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Awww thank you! That means a lot!! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it and you should definitely pursue writing if you're passionate about it! Glad I could help :D

You're very welcome Reghan! Don't stop writing. You're just too good at it. It was wonderful to see the universe I love through the eyes of another fan. You did it justice. And thank you for the kind word. I'm considering writing the prologue to "Storm Front" this week. "Storm Front" is going to be a piece of fiction that preys on fears of isolation and loneliness. It will be a bloody tale of terror :) (I'm actually pretty morbid for grinning at that thought of mine...)

Reghan
March 8th, 2016, 06:07 AM
You're very welcome Reghan! Don't stop writing. You're just too good at it. It was wonderful to see the universe I love through the eyes of another fan. You did it justice. And thank you for the kind word. I'm considering writing the prologue to "Storm Front" this week. "Storm Front" is going to be a piece of fiction that preys on fears of isolation and loneliness. It will be a bloody tale of terror :) (I'm actually pretty morbid for grinning at that thought of mine...)

Thanks! There's a sequel by the way! I just posted chapter 17 today :) It's called Shattered.

It's okay Morbid can be good when it omes to writing. XD

TheSmokingMan
March 8th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Thanks! There's a sequel by the way! I just posted chapter 17 today :) It's called Shattered.

It's okay Morbid can be good when it omes to writing. XD

It looks like I have some catching up to do :)
(For the books I intend to write, being morbid is absolutely required......lol.)

Reghan
March 8th, 2016, 10:05 PM
It looks like I have some catching up to do :)
(For the books I intend to write, being morbid is absolutely required......lol.)

Trust me my writing can get pretty dark took.
For example shattered is definitely darker than Gone. You'll see what I mean when you read it.

TheSmokingMan
March 8th, 2016, 10:13 PM
For example shattered is definitely darker than Gone. You'll see what I mean when you read it.

I'm really going to have to get into "Shattered". I'm excited to see where you take the storyline. By the way, I loved all of the throwbacks to previous Unsubs in "Gone". We got a piece of Tobias Henkel, George Foyet, and Ian Doyle. I LOVED it! It was like taking a trip down memory lane!

I seriously have to get cracking on "Storm Front". The prologue is beckoning to me... I'm just so tickled with it. I was actually inspired to write Storm Front directly after watching the horror film "Vacancy". Check it out if you're in the mood for some serious thrills/chills... :)

Reghan
March 8th, 2016, 10:20 PM
I'm really going to have to get into "Shattered". I'm excited to see where you take the storyline. By the way, I loved all of the throwbacks to previous Unsubs in "Gone". We got a piece of Tobias Henkel, George Foyet, and Ian Doyle. I LOVED it! It was like taking a trip down memory lane!

I seriously have to get cracking on "Storm Front". The prologue is beckoning to me... I'm just so tickled with it. I was actually inspired to write Storm Front directly after watching the horror film "Vacancy". Check it out if you're in the mood for some serious thrills/chills... :)

I'll have to go back and read Gone again. I can't remember where I mentioned Foyet. I'm really enjoying writing shattered,but I wish more people would review. I only got two reviews on my most recent two chapters where as with Gone and when I first started Shattered, I had 5-6 reviews. Not sure if people just don't like it as much or just don't feel like reviewing.

If you liked the mentions than you would definitely like my one shots. If you go to my profile there's a fic called Missing Moments. I've put 3 one shots in there so far based on previous episodes.

I have some shows to catch up on but when I get some free time I'll definitely check it out. Is it on Netflix?

TheSmokingMan
March 8th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I'll have to go back and read Gone again. I can't remember where I mentioned Foyet. I'm really enjoying writing shattered,but I wish more people would review. I only got two reviews on my most recent two chapters where as with Gone and when I first started Shattered, I had 5-6 reviews. Not sure if people just don't like it as much or just don't feel like reviewing.

If you liked the mentions than you would definitely like my one shots. If you go to my profile there's a fic called Missing Moments. I've put 3 one shots in there so far based on previous episodes.

I have some shows to catch up on but when I get some free time I'll definitely check it out. Is it on Netflix?

You didn't DIRECTLY mention Foyet. You mentioned Haley's death a few times there, and that in turn made me think of Foyet. So you did, but you also didn't. I will definitely be checking out your "one shots". You have me very intrigued about those. I'm very interested to see in what ways you take actual canonical episodes and expand their mythologies. Good stuff.
I'm sorry to hear you aren't getting as many reviews! I'm sure people are still enjoying the stories. As exciting and as helpful as they are, don't let reviews (or lack thereof) be a limit to how confidently you write.

And sadly no. "Vacancy" is only available on Netflix in DVD format. I actually caught the end of "The Raven", "Vacancy", and the beginning of "From Hell" one Friday night on TV on Encore Suspense. That was a VERY good night :)

TheSmokingMan
March 11th, 2016, 12:47 AM

Who else watches?

I loved the promo for next week's "Sandman" episode! It looks like it will be twisted and original.

Reghan
March 12th, 2016, 01:47 AM
I loved the promo for next week's "Sandman" episode! It looks like it will be twisted and original.

Hopefully!! As long as it's better than "The Bond" and "Driven"(I think that's what it was called) than I'll be happy!

TheSmokingMan
March 12th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Hopefully!! As long as it's better than "The Bond" and "Driven"(I think that's what it was called) than I'll be happy!

Yeah. I definitely agree with you about "Drive". "Drive" absolutely KILLED the high I was on from "Entropy". While "The Bond" was not the strongest episode ever (or one of my absolute favorites) it gets points with me for featuring a memorable UNSUB, and a semi-twist ending. I mean come on! How can you not give that ending in the jail/prison points ;) I'm just super excited for "The Sandman". March 16th happens to be my birthday, and what a better way to spend it. I'm getting a new episode that is the first part of a multi episode arc, the 250th episode of the show as a whole (which is super awesome for them), and the premiere of an awesome-looking new spin-off!
Its good stuff. :)

Right now I'm actually cutting through the three part arc "To Hell...", "...And Back", and "Nameless Faceless" (I JUST started "To Hell..."). You know? " To Hell...", "...And Back" are extremely reminiscent of the Season 2 episode "Legacy". It's almost spooky how similar the plotlines are honestly.
Its a good Saturday I tell you! :) :D

TheSmokingMan
March 14th, 2016, 07:19 PM

I just started "Shattered" last night (sorry!!)... You really started off with a BANG! I think you just LOVE seeing how many members of the team you can systematically kidnap and torture ;) :P I'm starting to take a Rossi attitude with this Thomas O'Hare you've created... In the words of my fellow Italian "Let's catch the son of a bitch." :D I'm very excited to see where you take "Shattered" and Garcia's storyline. Very good stuff Reghan.

I also gotta share something with you.
Really, I had no idea how much I missed Emily. Reading your books and rewatching the series has really put me in this sentimental mood about her. Odd as it sounds... Now don't get me wrong. Alex Blake is still my #1 and I greave her loss daily, but I guess there's just something about Emily... I'm making good progress on the series. I just finished the Season 5 episode "Outfoxed" this evening. I'm bracing myself for "100"... I cry at "100" every single time :(
(Since they keep making us wait every other week I've taken matters into my own hands as far a rewatching the series goes ;))

So yes.
Great writing.
I'm looking forward to "Sandman" aka "250"!!! :)
It's just around the corner ;)

Reghan
March 14th, 2016, 07:45 PM
I just started "Shattered" last night (sorry!!)... You really started off with a BANG! I think you just LOVE seeing how many members of the team you can systematically kidnap and torture ;) :P I'm starting to take a Rossi attitude with this Thomas O'Hare you've created... In the words of my fellow Italian "Let's catch the son of a bitch." :D I'm very excited to see where you take "Shattered" and Garcia's storyline. Very good stuff Reghan.

I also gotta share something with you.
Really, I had no idea how much I missed Emily. Reading your books and rewatching the series has really put me in this sentimental mood about her. Odd as it sounds... Now don't get me wrong. Alex Blake is still my #1 and I greave her loss daily, but I guess there's just something about Emily... I'm making good progress on the series. I just finished the Season 5 episode "Outfoxed" this evening. I'm bracing myself for "100"... I cry at "100" every single time :(
(Since they keep making us wait every other week I've taken matters into my own hands as far a rewatching the series goes ;))

So yes.
Great writing.
I'm looking forward to "Sandman" aka "250"!!! :)
It's just around the corner ;)
Awww thank you! That means a lot! I love Emily a lot and I'm excited that we're getting her back for an episode :)

Yeah we're almost there! Two days from now!

TheSmokingMan
March 14th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Awww thank you! That means a lot! I love Emily a lot and I'm excited that we're getting her back for an episode :)

Yeah we're almost there! Two days from now!

You are very welcome.
I love tumbling down the dark slopes that are your imagination.
Anytime, anywhere.

It's going to be SO exciting to have Emily back.
She has such a rapport with every cast member every time she appears.
It's going to be hard to watch her leave again :(
But I imagine she'll be back again.. :)

Reghan
March 16th, 2016, 07:39 PM
T minus 20 minutes!!!! Super pumped!

TheSmokingMan
March 16th, 2016, 11:24 PM
T minus 20 minutes!!!! Super pumped!

Hey Reghan... I missed it... I had a family emergency involving my grandmother and I wasn't able to make it home for Sandman/Beyond Borders.

I will try and watch it tomorrow, but I actually do a bit of traveling on Thursdays. I'll get it done by Friday though. I'd love to discuss the 250th episode with you.

Uranus
March 16th, 2016, 11:50 PM
I watch criminal minds from time to time depending on whether or not I'm busy or if it something else is on that I prefer over it.

There's apparently a new one called "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders"

Reghan
March 17th, 2016, 01:28 AM
I hated beyond borders....I won't be watching that anymore...

TheSmokingMan
March 17th, 2016, 11:01 AM
I hated beyond borders....I won't be watching that anymore...

This is my review of "The Sandman"....

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

I'm pretty sure "A Beautiful Disaster " will be more emotional for me than "100"... We shall see... I have no judgement on Beyond Boarders as of yet. I'll get caught up on that one asap and let you know how I feel.

Reghan
March 17th, 2016, 11:34 PM
This is my review of "The Sandman"....

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

I'm pretty sure "A Beautiful Disaster " will be more emotional for me than "100"... We shall see... I have no judgement on Beyond Boarders as of yet. I'll get caught up on that one asap and let you know how I feel.
Those hourglasses were beautiful though! <3 I want one...that isn't filled with human bones of course...

TonyJoe
March 18th, 2016, 01:16 AM
It's a fucking fantastic show! One of the great series I've ever seen.

TheSmokingMan
March 18th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Those hourglasses were beautiful though! <3 I want one...that isn't filled with human bones of course...

Lol. I always thought you were a human bones kind of girl ;)

Anyways.
I DID watch Beyond Borders last night. Ok. It wasn't PHENOMINAL, and it doesn't have anything on traditional Criminal Minds, but I thought it was a good show. I personally will be watching it again. But it did fall short in maintaining the same level of darkness as the US Criminal Minds, which is what I was worried about.
However, all in all, it was enjoyable to me. I think I'm going to enjoy the characters (once I get all the new names down). I think that will help me out a good deal as far as liking the show goes.
Sorry you couldn't get into it!

Btw, have you seen "The Uncanny Valley" lately?
Now there's one you really should rewatch sometime. I watched it last night. For the first time in a long time, I connected with an Unsub and I felt horrible for her! Talk about emotional. But its a completely different kind of emotional. I definitely invite you to partake :)

Also.
I am SO proud of myself. Before all hell broke loose with my family Wednesday, I managed to slip out and acquire myself a copy of Season 10! Being a member of FYE I was NOT going to let that birthday 20% go to waste! ;) Now I'm waiting for Season 11...

Reghan
March 18th, 2016, 11:47 PM
I've rewatched most of the episodes actually, I love so many of them! I think I've seen Lauren like 300 times haha. I rewatch Penelope frequently as well as many other episodes.

I only own 1,2,5,6,7 on DVD, but 7 was borrowed and never returned and 1+2 I've had for so long that discs are missing, but all are on Netflix so I'm good.

Please CM renew already for season 12! I'm not ready to be stuck with reruns for the rest of my life!!

TheSmokingMan
March 18th, 2016, 11:58 PM
I've rewatched most of the episodes actually, I love so many of them! I think I've seen Lauren like 300 times haha. I rewatch Penelope frequently as well as many other episodes.

I only own 1,2,5,6,7 on DVD, but 7 was borrowed and never returned and 1+2 I've had for so long that discs are missing, but all are on Netflix so I'm good.

Please CM renew already for season 12! I'm not ready to be stuck with reruns for the rest of my life!!

I would imagine that you've seen Lauren a ton of times :) Lauren is to you what 100 is to me ;) 100 never gets old. I cried again when I had to watch it in my chronological quest. I went so low I needed a Galavant/Billy Joel combo to bring me back to reality. Lol.

Good on you for owning 1-7. 8 and 9 are my babies though. Alex was just too good to be true. Sadly I have experienced what you have with Season 7. I lent Billy Joel's "An Innocent Man" album to a good friend who never returned it. But I wasn't prepared to go all gestapo on her so I let it go.

I'm ready for a renewal myself.
Personally, I do not think they will cancel the show just yet. With the premiere of a new spin-off and the good ratings the show has always maintained, I feel like we have a shot. But with coming events, if Season 12 is not handled EXACTLY the right way, I would be concerned about a cancellation.

I think you and I both can take a sigh of relief. (SIGH!!)
There will be a time for reruns, but that time is not now.
Now is the time for new episodes and your fanfiction :)

TheSmokingMan
March 22nd, 2016, 05:30 PM

Who else watches?

Ok Reghan, I've just gotta say... I encountered an emotional speed bump this evening while watching "JJ". I forgot how emotionally mutilating that episode was! And with tomorrow night coming upon us... Oh man. I'm just having a time here!

And I've decided something.
I can handle it when most of the team members cry. For instance, Garcia tears rarely get me upset because she cries a lot.
But when Hotch cries or even gets emotional, I CANNOT HANDLE IT! You just KNOW it's serious if Hotch gets emotional...
Btw, that little compilation of heartwarming JJ moments at the very end really cut me! And "JJ" also featured some really wicked UNSUBS.

So yeah.
That's my two cents about Season 6, Episode 2, "JJ".

andrew14
March 22nd, 2016, 11:41 PM
Refering to the tv serie I love It but I have a good time with out watch It can some one told me the Channel and the hour pls! Is a good serie love the acts of morgan penelope and Spencer well all the repart I recently knew that Emili prentis will Back!! I love she!!

TheSmokingMan
March 23rd, 2016, 07:44 PM
17 minutes and counting down to the premiere of "A Beautiful Disaster".

May God be with us all...

TheSmokingMan
March 23rd, 2016, 09:06 PM
A Beautiful Disaster was perfect.
I bawled like a baby.
It was SO much more emotional than "100".
The cast was family.
The goodbyes from Hotch to Rossi to JJ to Garcia to Ried were perfect for every individual.
There is a peace of mind.
And Emily's back next week.

I have nothing but a hearty bravo for the best show currently on TV. Nothing but a hearty bravo for excellent writing, excellent acting, excellent story arching, but most of all, a standing ovation to Shemar Moore for 11 years of outstanding showmanship in the role of Derek Morgan.

Everything Criminal Minds does best was showcased in " A Beautiful Disaster".
I couldn't be happier right now.

Criminal Minds still has a loyal fan in me.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Reghan
March 26th, 2016, 02:26 AM
I loved it!

There were moments I didn't like, but overall it was a great episode! I cried with the JJ/Reid/Garcia goodbyes.

TheSmokingMan
March 26th, 2016, 11:32 PM
I loved it!

There were moments I didn't like, but overall it was a great episode! I cried with the JJ/Reid/Garcia goodbyes.

I'm glad to hear you loved it!
I had a hard time with the Reid/JJ/Garcia goodbyes myself...

My heart STOPPED when they cut to commercial right after a gunshot.
I posted on a Criminal Minds Facebook Fan Page saying "He's a narcissistic psychopath. Maybe he didn't kill Morgan. Remember, we went a whole season thinking Foyet shot Hotch."... It was as if I was trying to comfort myself and others :P ;) :P

What elements DIDN'T you like?
I mean, I guess for me, I feel like this whole thing was drug out too long.
A three episode arc to tell what they did was a little much.
I feel like Derek and Savannah should have been 250 and then The Sandman could have been 251. Morgan wasn't even central to The Sandman episode and I feel like it would have been just as good were he not present.
So my criticism is of the whole arc rather, and that it was just a tad too long.

TheSmokingMan
March 29th, 2016, 08:00 PM
I just rewatched "The Sandman". I think I have to recant my previous remarks about condensing the whole "Derek" saga... Morgan WAS needed crucially in Sandman... What can I say. I guess I learn more the 2nd time around.

You HAVE to be SUPER excited about Emily's return tomorrow night! I can't wait!

DriveAlive
March 29th, 2016, 10:13 PM
A Beautiful Disaster was such a sad episode, especially when I saw that Kirsten Vangsness wrote it. I stopped watching the show for a bit when I felt that the violence just got too gratuitous with too little substance. This past season has been an amazing return to the roots of the show where they try to solve an actual mystery. I really hope that they keep Aisha Tyler around. She is such a great addition to the show.

TheSmokingMan
March 30th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Everybody brace yourselves!! It's our first journey into the post Morgan world, and Emily's return is SURE to be explosive. So many good/sad things to pack into one hour... I'm bracing for yet another memorable episode/UNSUB.

[Update at 9:07 P.M.]
Now THAT is how you get the band back together!!! I KNEW this was going to be a good UNSUB :) :D :)

[Update 9:57 P.M.]
That was FABULOUS! Memorable episode... CHECK! Memorable UNSUB... CHECK! Awesome Emily/family moments... CHECK!
I can say with absolute confidence that the post Morgan world is going to be a good one.

[Update 10:00 P.M.]
OH MY GOSH!
We have our mojo back!!
I CANNOT wait for 2 weeks with a promo like that!

Reghan
March 30th, 2016, 09:00 PM
That was amazing! The last 5 minutes are exactly what I was hoping for xD And Prentiss impersonating Morgan was my fave <3 I'm in love with Paget Brewster<3 I wish she'd come back full time...now we have to say goodbye to her all over again :/

TheSmokingMan
March 30th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Nah, this isn't goodbye to Paget Brewster. She'll definitely be back. She came back in Seasons 7 and 9 and now 11. She will definitely be back again.
It was wonderful, those last 5 minutes!
We got some lovely moments. That final scene was almost a shot for shot recreation of the scene in Lo-Fi(????).
Yeah. It was definitely solid.
(If they played it right, they would involve Prentiss in Criminal Minds: Beyond Boarders. I would eat that up all day everyday. [Btw, I'm loving Garcia's cameo on Beyond Boarders at the moment.])

Reghan
March 30th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Nah, this isn't goodbye to Paget Brewster. She'll definitely be back. She came back in Seasons 7 and 9 and now 11. She will definitely be back again.
It was wonderful, those last 5 minutes!
We got some lovely moments. That final scene was almost a shot for shot recreation of the scene in Lo-Fi(????).
Yeah. It was definitely solid.
(If they played it right, they would involve Prentiss in Criminal Minds: Beyond Boarders. I would eat that up all day everyday. [Btw, I'm loving Garcia's cameo on Beyond Boarders at the moment.])

I'm watching Supernatural. I may watch this episode of CM:BB because of Garcia, but I'll watch it online.

We do have to say goodbye for now.

I won't be able to watch live two weeks from now because we're getting rid of cable, but I'll watch ASAP online.

TheSmokingMan
March 31st, 2016, 06:34 AM
I'm watching Supernatural. I may watch this episode of CM:BB because of Garcia, but I'll watch it online.

We do have to say goodbye for now.

I won't be able to watch live two weeks from now because we're getting rid of cable, but I'll watch ASAP online.

Well,
Then a brief goodbye with the promise of return.
It just doesn't tear me up quite so bad.
What TORE me to PIECES was when Alex Blake left (and how she did).
That was HEARTBREAKING for me.
I love Alex :( :( :(

But yes.
I personally have been liking "Beyond Boarders", and my mom and sister LOVE "Beyond Boarders".
I definitely encourage you to watch this week's.
It was looking very different.
I didn't stay for the whole thing, but someone was doing something bad in Egypt.
It looked creepy, and it was just nice to see Garcia floating on through being herself :)

Sorry that you're losing cable.
Take it from someone who knows,
It is a PAIN IN THE BUTT to watch things online, all the time.

But your learn quickly which shows you're actually passionate about.

TheSmokingMan
April 3rd, 2016, 11:54 PM
I'm having a good old time here this evening.
I've watched "Reflection of Desire", "Into the Woods", "What Happens at Home", and I'm working on: "25 to Life". You have to love the Ashley Seaver episodes.
I didn't realize how good a job Rachel Nichols did portraying Ashley.

Good stuff!

Brit4love
April 10th, 2016, 03:53 PM
So even though it's a good show I feel some shows have been on for way to long and I feel this might be one of them.

Reghan
April 14th, 2016, 02:10 AM
WHAT NOOOO!! I want them to renew for season 12!!!

Reghan
April 14th, 2016, 02:11 AM
I'm having a good old time here this evening.
I've watched "Reflection of Desire", "Into the Woods", "What Happens at Home", and I'm working on: "25 to Life". You have to love the Ashley Seaver episodes.
I didn't realize how good a job Rachel Nichols did portraying Ashley.

Good stuff!

I couldn't stand Seaver. Rachel did a good job, but I still disliked Seaver.

TheSmokingMan
April 14th, 2016, 08:06 AM
I couldn't stand Seaver. Rachel did a good job, but I still disliked Seaver.

Oh gosh, really?
Wow! Is it because she was the first one to fill Prentiss' shoes after "Lauren"?
I can understand that if that's case.
I liked Seaver for the most part. Her background was the most soap-operaish of any team member on the show, but I liked her. I'm not sure if there was enough time to get to know her.

My personal life has gone to shit since Tuesday and I missed the new Criminal Minds.
I'll be prepared to discuss it by this evening!
That's the hope.
It looked pretty disturbing from the promo two weeks ago.
Oh well... We shall see :).....

TheSmokingMan
April 18th, 2016, 10:38 PM
Welp,
I have to chip in.
I thought the UNSUB from last week was particularly interesting. We haven't had a case quite so unique and chilling as this one for a while. The Prentiss episode was practically the Sigorney Weaver/Holly Hunter thriller "Copycat" condensed, so this was good and original. I might have been ahead of myself with the whole "post Morgan world" remark. The team feels empty since we are a man down. I think we just need a new character or two, and then we'll be fine.
I really must say that I did not enjoy the little encounter with Joy's mom at all. Neither did my mom or my sister. It just made us angry. JJ also pissed me off with what she gold Rossi. Everyone was ripping him apart!! When you're in the FBI family life looks so different. I felt like everyone was very cruel, out of line, and insensitive about the whole situation. But that's just me :)
By the way, it's not that Shemar is gone, it's that a void exisits and we need to fill it with some fresh faces. We've had stories told to us one way for 11 years. But somebody else has a story to tell, and I can't wait to meet that face.
(Side note) My mom and my sister shared my dismay about the shortage of faces in the title sequence :D

However,
All that said about Criminal Minds, "Beyond Borders" slayed it (;)) two weeks ago with the Paris episode! I've missed quite a few episodes of everything, but alas, I am nearly caught up (one more Beyond Borders to go!). I have to say, I've been pretty impressed thus far. I have two complaints however, this team doesn't do as well as the traditional team with the psychology, AND the one female agent annoys me. I just don't like her.
But those are small things.
I was royally pleased with the Paris episode. That killer was absolutely twisted. The execution of the episode was great in my opinion as well. It was a genuinely creepy episode, something I feel that "Beyond Borders" has been due for.

Lastly,
I am very excited to see where the next two weeks take us. The stage is being set for a very dark season finale. I CANNOT wait for next week's episode. It looks extremely intense. It will be really good.
I love stories about incarcerated serial killers. I feel like it's creepier when these people can be locked up and still have a network of deciples willing to kill and take pleasure in it in the place of the incarcerated killer.
Next week will be awesome.

I bet you would like the Fox show "The Following". It was cancelled after Season 3 concluded. You should check that out if you have an apitite for darkness.
(If you want to wonder further down the rabbit-hole of darkness check out "Hannibal". Go there ONLY if you can handle the worst there is. I own Season 1, and enjoyed the series, but it is very disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised....)

(Sorry for such a long post! These are my thoughts. I hope I didn't ramble too much.....)

*UPDATE*:
(4/20/16)

OH MY GOD!!!
That was PHENOMENAL.
I haven't seen an episode of Criminal Minds that good in years!!!
ABSOLUTELY CHILLING!
AND, what's up with that last quote?!?
That had me going WHAT THE HELL all the way!!!.

So freaking awesome.
Antonia was one of the best killers on this show in a good long while.

WHAT ABOUT THAT SEASON FINALE???
I'M DYIN' HERE!
I cannot believe they are making us wait two weeks for this!!
Hotch never gets a break.
Poor guy!

TheSmokingMan
April 25th, 2016, 06:41 PM
I'm here.
Rewatching "The Devil's Backbone".
Loving every single moment of it.

It.
Is.
PHENOMENAL.

Trumpetplayer
May 2nd, 2016, 10:16 PM
I've been watching Criminal Minds for years now, even when it wasn't cool, which was like, never

TheSmokingMan
May 5th, 2016, 11:06 PM
How about that finale?!?!?!?
We were all blown away.
I am so excited for Season 12.
This finale was excellently crafted from beginning to end.
We got lovely family moments, some of the best UNSUBS, character development, and a freaky twist that still has me on edge.

Season 12 will be completely different from anything the cast and crew has prepared in the past.
It will be serialized, fast paced, and fresh.
To be completely honest with you,
I have not been missing Morgan at all.
If the writers continue to deliver stories as good as "The Storm", Morgan's absence will softly float into the backdrop, and new characters will blossom.

A new era of Criminal Minds begins this fall.
I cannot wait to see where this phenomenal show goes.
Wherever it may go, I will follow it there with enthusiasm.

Good stuff.

DriveAlive
May 7th, 2016, 09:33 AM
This was probably one of the best written seasons of the show. I am extremely excited for the next season.

TheSmokingMan
May 7th, 2016, 02:34 PM
This was probably one of the best written seasons of the show. I am extremely excited for the next season.

I totally agree.
Season 12 will be excellent.
The storyline is going to be fresh, new and exciting.
I am extremely excited as well.

TheSmokingMan
May 28th, 2016, 11:12 PM
SO!!!!
How the heck is everybody doing??
I'm going through some SERIOUS withdrawal!!!
I NEED MORE CRIMINAL MINDS! ;)

Summer break takes forever........

DriveAlive
May 28th, 2016, 11:44 PM
SO!!!!
How the heck is everybody doing??
I'm going through some SERIOUS withdrawal!!!
I NEED MORE CRIMINAL MINDS! ;)

Summer break takes forever........

I do not mean to derail the thread, but check out Blue Bloods in the meantime.

TheSmokingMan
July 13th, 2016, 10:15 PM
I do not mean to derail the thread, but check out Blue Bloods in the meantime.

I'll definitely check out blue bloods.

Is anybody staying current with news about Season 12???
It is going to be GREAT!

Shin-Ah
August 2nd, 2016, 12:53 AM
oh yus, I watched all of it.....took a long time BUT I DID IT.....accomplishment unlocked....

azure moonstone
August 12th, 2016, 07:35 PM
So this happened (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/12/thomas-gibson-fired-criminal-minds)

I hope he can spend more time with his family, and maybe do some anger management. I guess the network sent the message that they won't tolerate it at all (and I read this wasn't the first incident either). Hopefully he hasn't burned the bridge completely and he can be rehired sometime in the future. I wonder what they are going to do as far as storyline goes...

(I am still seasons behind being current on this show :))

TheSmokingMan
August 29th, 2016, 05:08 PM
So this happened (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/12/thomas-gibson-fired-criminal-minds)

I hope he can spend more time with his family, and maybe do some anger management. I guess the network sent the message that they won't tolerate it at all (and I read this wasn't the first incident either). Hopefully he hasn't burned the bridge completely and he can be rehired sometime in the future. I wonder what they are going to do as far as storyline goes...

(I am still seasons behind being current on this show :))

THIS PISSED ME OFF.
I hope that after this storm blows over that there can be some middle ground, because as I understand it, this isn't the first time this particular producer (*Spits* Virgil Williams...) has been involved with altercations/antagonizing other actors on other shows he's been fired from.

So.
I will say that if they stick with their decision that I will not watch a single episode from which Thomas Gibson is absent.
He is the essence of Criminal Minds.