PDA

View Full Version : School Uniform

cleancut
February 21st, 2016, 04:34 PM
Does wearing school uniform affect the way you think of your image?

Do you look at girls differently?

Would you rather just wear whatever you wanted?

Have you gone to a school with uniforms and then switched schools that do not or vice versa. What was you experience with that?

I don't know if this has to do with puberty, but it kind of does.

Chapperz16
February 21st, 2016, 04:37 PM
I used to be in secondary school where we had to wear blazers and I thought I looked quite cool with spiked up hair and rolled up sleeves but now I'm in upper 6th, we wear whatever we wear. Its better but I tend to think more about what I'm wearing and what others will think.

Sheriff McGregor
February 21st, 2016, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I wear a polo and kaki's at my school. I dint fucking work at State Farm. Like I'm a teenager so I shout be able to wear jeans and a t-shirt, or sweats and a hoodie. It's annoying af. On the other hand, what if I want to dress like a young adult. Button down shirt and dress pants. Like I'm stuck in this awful median between casual and formal. It's uncomfortable and I hate it.

Nah, I don't like the ratchet girls at my school. More because of their personalities. I think they are fake flakes. None of them seem to find me interesting and I harbor a rather bitter resentment.

I would.

Some Friday's we can wear normal clothes and it's nice.

ska8er
February 21st, 2016, 04:44 PM
Do you look at girls differently? I don't understand how that
would have anything to do with it. If they r in school with u-
they have to wear them too-if u mean outside of school and they
think ur a nerd. A lot of girls like guys in uniforms.

Would you rather just wear whatever you wanted? I wear a uniform to school
and wear whatever I want at home or when I go out.

Have you gone to a school with uniforms and then switched schools that do not or vice versa. What was you experience with that? Noppers

Pichu
February 21st, 2016, 04:46 PM
I hate my school uniform, blazers are heavy and uncomfortable and ties are a pain. I would much rather just wear what I want but I think all schools here have uniforms, even private schools.

City Kid
February 21st, 2016, 05:19 PM
Puberty For Boys :arrow: Fashion

eric2001
February 21st, 2016, 05:28 PM
I'd hate wearing what all the other kids wear. My cousin goes to a private school that has a nerdy uniform.

Maddy01
February 21st, 2016, 05:39 PM
Mine is alright

cleancut
February 22nd, 2016, 11:10 AM
Do you look at girls differently? I don't understand how that
would have anything to do with it. If they r in school with u-
they have to wear them too-if u mean outside of school and they
think ur a nerd. A lot of girls like guys in uniforms.

Would you rather just wear whatever you wanted? I wear a uniform to school
and wear whatever I want at home or when I go out.

Have you gone to a school with uniforms and then switched schools that do not or vice versa. What was you experience with that? Noppers

I don't think girls look attractive in the plaid outfits.

We moved and I am in public schools now and I see girls differently because they are more attractive.

Endeavour
February 22nd, 2016, 01:15 PM
We have a school uniform, i think pretty much all schools in the UK do. I actually quite like this, i go to a catholic school where we are always reminded "everyone is equal", so if someone came in with some really posh clothes, and someone came in with some not-so-nice clothes, that person might be bullied (but not in our school, everyone in my school is quite friendly). I would hate having to pick out a uniform every morning; with a uniform you can just put it on and go really.

Vermilion
February 22nd, 2016, 01:24 PM
At secondary school I had to wear a white shirt a navy blazer with school logo, black trousers and black shoes/boots. And school tie witch was stripped in year 7-9 then navy with a red A on it in year 10/11. I liked the uniform I felt smart and no one was singled out for not having the best things.

hazelteen
February 22nd, 2016, 03:12 PM
Yes, I'm non binary gender but biologically female. Nobody knows this, and everyone thinks I'm female (I'm DFAB). Every girl at the school wears skirts and I wear trousers. I also have "boyish" short hair.
It would make me feel more uncomfortable if I wore a skirt and had long hair, but I can't help but feel judged and insecure for not fitting in.

I would rather there was no uniform.

Also, we have a tie and blazer so not comfortable! I'm really jealous of people who don't have uniform.

Lolly16
February 25th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I wear typical school black and brown uniform. how do you think will such classic bag suits it?http://www.kensington-bespoke.uk/
thanks

kirsty_js16
March 18th, 2016, 06:19 AM
my uniforms a horrible maroon colour

Britboo14
March 18th, 2016, 06:36 AM
I hate wearing a uniform...
Can't wait to get to lsu and wear yoga pants and a tank top everyday lol

kirsty_js16
March 19th, 2016, 04:34 AM
mines horrible

Cristina15
March 19th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Does wearing school uniform affect the way you think of your image? no it doesen't

Do you look at girls differently? no

Would you rather just wear whatever you wanted? yes sure

Have you gone to a school with uniforms and then switched schools that do not or vice versa. What was you experience with that? i have gone to a school with uniforms for 3 years then i switched schools that do not : both experience were good

devotionnel
March 24th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Ughhh I hate my uniform and I shall rant about it.

First off, the blazers are not fitted and either very baggy or extremely tight, they make you look like you have shoulder pads from the 80s and if you have anything above an A cup no matter what size you buy you can't button it up.

The normal shirts/blouses are just really just not comfortable at all but I can tolerate it. Same with normal trousers to be honest, they are ok

My school used to have normal red ties with the school logo but then lots of (immature) people started to strangle lots of other kids with them, so they were soon scrapped and replaced by clip on ties. worst mistake ever

We are forced to wear leather shoes, even if the family are devout vegans you aren't really given a choice to be honest which isn't really fair.

The school is very strict on what we can and can't wear. Hair can't be longer than the waist (or you get suspended), no jewellery at all apart from 1 small stud in each earlobe, and if you break any of these rules or forget something like your tie or blazer you have to bring a medical note to suffice for it from your doctor or you got suspended until your uniform looked right.

You can definitely tell our school prioritizes our learning, can't you? xD

kirsty_js16
March 24th, 2016, 05:59 PM
i hate my uniform
skirts are suposed to be no shorter than just above the knee

Falcons_11
March 24th, 2016, 09:33 PM
We don't wear uniforms at my school. But we have a strict dress code with rules on what we can and can't wear to school. The dress code is a 15 page manual which we and our parents have to sign before each term.

fancyhaircuts
April 22nd, 2016, 09:43 PM
I don't understand the need for wearing uniforms at school. I think it's odd :/