PDA

View Full Version : Track and Field

dbfordateam
February 18th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Ok Track and Field is starting up, Practice is feeling great. My conditioning from wrestling and strength training during football season are paying off. My 10 foot PB in the pole vault I am now able to clear at my warm up mark at 42 feet out. In the 100 meter, I ran a 12.1, by no means marvelous but for an independent school in NC pretty decent. I'm very excited for this year, I already feel a breakthrough in progress.
My question is what events do you guys run?
Are you excited for track and field?

YouTube
February 20th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I was skeptical of it at first (I do Cross Country), but after a tri-meet I really liked the energy. It does get a bit boring waiting until the end (long distance is towards the end), but the feel of the atmosphere is so great. I don't do any field events so I can not really speak for that but those are great too.

Also, congrats on your improvements!

dbfordateam
February 21st, 2016, 02:43 AM
I was skeptical of it at first (I do Cross Country), but after a tri-meet I really liked the energy. It does get a bit boring waiting until the end (long distance is towards the end), but the feel of the atmosphere is so great. I don't do any field events so I can not really speak for that but those are great too.

Also, congrats on your improvements!

Yeah I agree! everyone is so positive, not much hostility in the air. I think the reason why Track and Field is so great is that you can become friends and not mortal enemies with those you compete against. Sure once you spike up and get on the line all of that goes down the drain but once Im done running or vaulting Ill go hang out with some of them at mcdonalds or just talk with them.