PDA

View Full Version : Something weird on the back of my dog's head?

Sublime Demonz
February 17th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Hey, guys. I noticed something strange on my dog's head just a few minutes ago, and I'm not entirely sure what it is. My first thought was that it was a tick, because she's had quite a few before, but after managing to get a few glimpses at it, I'm not sure that's what it is.

Whatever this thing is, it seems to be sticking up out of her skin. It's sort of a white bubble, raised, and I can see her skin around it. It makes a little clump of hair stick up on the back of her head, which was how I came to look at it. She knows it's there because whenever I go to gently brush some of the hair aside to look at it, she moves away from me but doesn't make any noise of distress when I do. I don't know how long it's been there, but I noticed the hair sticking up for the first time yesterday but didn't really think too much of it. My parents haven't noticed it yet either. I'm afraid that if I tell them, and they think it's a tick and go to remove it when it's not, it'll really hurt her.

By the way, my dog will be nine in July, if that means anything.

zack.zack
February 18th, 2016, 12:04 PM
It could be some kind of skin tag or it coulde be a white head that needs to be expressed. My dog had the same thing and we took him to the vet and they said it was like a doggie zit and just squeezed it and all of this white stuff came out of it. Might want to check out the vet and see what they say.

Sublime Demonz
February 18th, 2016, 12:15 PM
It could be some kind of skin tag or it coulde be a white head that needs to be expressed. My dog had the same thing and we took him to the vet and they said it was like a doggie zit and just squeezed it and all of this white stuff came out of it. Might want to check out the vet and see what they say.
My mom noticed it last night and she seems to think it's some sort of skin growth. I'm not sure that my parents will take her to the vet because just going, even if they don't really do anything, costs us like $200. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it.

zack.zack
February 18th, 2016, 12:33 PM
My mom noticed it last night and she seems to think it's some sort of skin growth. I'm not sure that my parents will take her to the vet because just going, even if they don't really do anything, costs us like $200. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Yeah, vets are expensive. Keeping an eye on it is a good idea, maybe it will break on its own or just go away.

TeenPortland
February 23rd, 2016, 02:47 AM
Leave it for a bit?