PDA

View Full Version : Don't care....

Reghan
February 17th, 2016, 03:50 AM
I'm so tired of life right now, I stay up all night and sleep all day when I'm not working...literally wtf is the point if I'm not doing anything even remotely fun. Blahhhh, with the way I eat I wouldn't be surprised if I die young. Sad thing is I don't really care all that much.

I'm not suicidal, I just don't really care about much anymore. How can I fix this? I'm not sure how to make this better, any suggestions?

Endeavour
February 17th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Is there any particular reason why you stay up all night; are you having problems sleeping or anything like that? Sleeping in during the day and staying up during the night, otherwise doing it the 'wrong way around' will mean your body clock gets all messed up and may even lead to your depression getting worse. The best advice I can give you is to get up and go out when you're not working. Just staying in bed all day means nothing is going to get better, in fact they may even get worse. If you go out and meet friends, even if it is simply to the park/town or something like that, surely that is going to be more "fun" than simply staying in bed all day.
How long have you been feeling like this? Has it been a long time or just something that has come up recently? If it's been quite a while it may be worth seeing your doctor to get checked out, see if you can get any anti-depressants or anything like that.

Just quickly looking at the depression help thread shows that this may be 'major depression'. If your sleeping habits have changed, you feel like there is no pleasure in life, and you were quite active before but now are relatively 'lazy' there is a good chance that is major depression. Like I've said before, if you have been feeling this way for a while it's definitely worth getting checked out by your doctor.

As well as anti-depressants, there are also "therapy" options available that your doctor might think are better. They can guide you to cope, and potentially overcome depression. Therapy can help you overcome symptoms like loneliness and tiredness (which I am presuming you have based on your original question) and will also tell you what you can do to make things better. Sometimes it is better to have therapy and anti-depressant medication, you'll just need to see what your doctor has to say.

Hope this helps :)

Fadedgeo
February 17th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Stay positive

amgb
February 17th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Hi Reghan~ This sounds a lot like the beginnings of depression, but I can't tell you what it is and what it isn't because I don't know how it feels to you. But; fatigue, insomnia, sadness, and loss of interest in life are all common with depression-sufferers. You're not alone and you can tackle this to make it better. The best thing to do is to tackle things earlier rather than later, so you don't gradually feel worse down the track. Motivation is difficult to have and keep up, and it's alright if you're finding it hard to care and to have good times. It's important not to let yourself become stuck in one place, because once that happens it'll be so much harder to deal with day-to-day life. There's something I'm thinking of: could the reason that life seems pointless be because you're not enjoying your work/job? I think that if you're not enjoying life outside of home, it's possible that it'll be difficult to enjoy life at home. Maybe try finding the reason behind what you're feeling first, then from there make small goals to start a change. Goals that you know you can achieve, and don't overwhelm yourself with expectation. You're already off to such a good start because you're willing and wanting that change in your life. If you're willing, then you can do just about anything you set your mind to. Trust yourself on that. Another thing that you can do is talk to someone close to you about it who will be able to help you anytime everyday. A family member, a friend, a neighbour. Don't be afraid to reach out to people around you. If you ever need to talk to someone, I'm always here to talk to~