PDA

View Full Version : Reports & senior staff

Endeavour
February 16th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Note to mods/admin: was going to post this in Sheriff's thread from last week but it was locked so had to make a new thread. Feel free to merge if you need to.

But my actual questions are:
1- could you tell us roughly how many reports are sent to you in a day? I feel like I'm sending way too many.

2- a slightly odd question but were Emerald Dream and Elysium normal mods before doing global ? How long have you been a global mod for?

Elysium
February 16th, 2016, 06:17 PM
1. I've never bothered to calculate an average and it varies so much from day to day... I assure you that you don't send too many, though. No such thing (unless you were falsely reporting stuff; we'd notify you if you were).

2. Yes, Allison and I were both normal green sectional moderators before being promoted! So were the admins. I've been a global mod since May 11th, 2014... so closer to two years. Allison has been on staff for longer than I have and has therefore been a global mod for longer; I'm not sure what her timeline is exactly.

Endeavour
February 16th, 2016, 06:22 PM
1. I've never bothered to calculate an average and it varies so much from day to day... I assure you that you don't send too many, though. No such thing (unless you were falsely reporting stuff; we'd notify you if you were).

2. Yes, Allison and I were both normal green sectional moderators before being promoted! So were the admins. I've been a global mod since May 11th, 2014... so closer to two years. Allison has been on staff for longer than I have and has therefore been a global mod for longer; I'm not sure what her timeline is exactly.

Thanks Elysium. Did the admin just pick you to be global or did you have to apply like we would for a sectional mod? Just wondering :)

azure moonstone
February 16th, 2016, 06:29 PM
1. There are day where we have zero reports, and there are days where there are a lot. An average might be misleading, since there is a lot of ebb and flow with reports.

2. I was a General Discussions moderator for ten months before becoming a Global Mod - when I was promoted on January 8, 2013 (my history is comically littered with things happening on the 8th of months). Every global moderator I've ever seen, or known, has been a section (H&A or GD) moderator first. The experience really does matter, because global moderators are part of the Senior Staff and help with a lot of different things on VT.

Elysium
February 16th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks Elysium. Did the admin just pick you to be global or did you have to apply like we would for a sectional mod? Just wondering :)
(Oh, worth adding that I was an H&A moderator prior to being promoted. So Allison and I make a good team.)

We were picked to be promoted.

ImCoolBeans
February 17th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Global moderators make the world go 'round on VT. I was a regular user before I was a moderator. I joined VT in April 2010, was made a help and advice moderator in October 2011, a global moderator in april 2012, and an administrator in September 2012. Every staff member, gmod, and administrator started out just like you -- a member who joined to help/receive help and grew from there.

Endeavour
February 21st, 2016, 02:27 PM
Thank you all. You can lock this now.

Elysium
February 21st, 2016, 02:36 PM
Locked per OP request. :locked2: