PDA

View Full Version : AP Chem D:

canyouhearthedrums
February 15th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Kind of just need a place to rant, so here. XD

I've actually been doing fine, even well, the first semester. Finished the semester with a B+. (88%) Second semester, I was sick for quite a while on top of buffers and acid/base, now I had to take an online test and got a 30%. This pulls my grade down to a 53, and the only way I'm not going to fail is if the teacher allows me some sort of retake. I have really good grades in all my other classes and my SAT and ACT were both quite good as well, but it's just this one class that I can't seem to do well in. And yes, I do actually do work outside of class-I've tried multiple different resources, but nothing works.

Is anyone here in Chem right now or has taken it before? I'm kind of interested to know if this is just because I'm an idiot or what. ^.^

SethfromMI
February 15th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I have not taken AP Chem, but I have taken other AP Classes and am taking some. they're hard to do, they're college level classes. Try talking to your teacher to see if there is something you can do. you still got a chance to take the test at the end of the year for actual college credit though. don't give up hope yet. who knows, maybe a lot of the people did not do well and the class will get another chance/curve/something

Sublime Demonz
February 15th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I'm in a regular Chem class now, and I take AP Literature. My Chem teacher is tough, she's been doing this a long time and doesn't allow much room for fooling around. I do well in the class, better than most of my other classmates, because Chemistry comes so easy to me. However, being enrolled in an AP class myself, I understand the pressure and hard work that comes with it. In regular English classes, I would have a 99% average for the year, and now I'm more at 85%. It's normal for grades to not be as high as you may expect throughout the year, but in your case it's different where you were sick and missed time. You should definitely talk to your teacher about a retake, I'm sure you're capable of doing very well. If you have a hard time understanding the material, ask your teacher if they can give you some extra help or direct you somewhere you can get help before you retake.

Thunderstorm
February 16th, 2016, 11:39 PM
Kind of just need a place to rant, so here. XD

I've actually been doing fine, even well, the first semester. Finished the semester with a B+. (88%) Second semester, I was sick for quite a while on top of buffers and acid/base, now I had to take an online test and got a 30%. This pulls my grade down to a 53, and the only way I'm not going to fail is if the teacher allows me some sort of retake. I have really good grades in all my other classes and my SAT and ACT were both quite good as well, but it's just this one class that I can't seem to do well in. And yes, I do actually do work outside of class-I've tried multiple different resources, but nothing works.

Is anyone here in Chem right now or has taken it before? I'm kind of interested to know if this is just because I'm an idiot or what. ^.^

I am in AP Chem. However I am a Senior and it doesn't matter as much for me since I am already committed to college. I am also buying the credits (we have that option here). It is really hard! I had a 91 the first quarter, then second quarter I had an 81 :eek: Now it is third quarter and I am down to an 80, and we aren't even half way through the quarter...and it is the hardest quarter.

It's okay, we can rant together :D