PDA

View Full Version : What camera do you use?

rianvice
February 14th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Hey guys! I was just wondering what kinds of cameras you guys use for your photos?

I personally cannot afford an expensive camera (my dream camera is the Canon EOS Rebel t6i) so I use my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. :D

I also have a couple older family cameras that I like to use to experiment with. I kind of have a fascination with older quality cameras. I like to see if I can get some good artistic shots with the older quality ones just for fun.

Don't laugh but I also like to use old Android phones that I own for experimentation shots.

Also, what types of photos do you guys like to take? Personally I really enjoy taking self-portraits (that sounds kind of narcissistic) but I don't like leaving my house often, so I just take pictures of myself. It kind of helps me become more comfortable with myself and my appearance too. It sort of reminds me of that one Frida Kahlo quote "I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best." My favorite self-portrait artist (and the only one I currently know about) is named Rita Lino (her photos are NSFW).

Sheriff McGregor
February 14th, 2016, 08:09 PM
My iPhone does the trick for me!

rianvice
February 14th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Yeah, phones can do some pretty amazing things if you play around with the settings.

Abhorrence
February 15th, 2016, 12:29 AM
I have a Canon EOS 1000D, it's pretty old now but it's still a decent camera. I don't really use it as much as I used to, though.

Plane And Simple
February 15th, 2016, 01:15 AM
I'm apparently using the world's smallest DSLR. Canon EOS 100D. Specifications wise, it's basically the same as a 700D except for one FPS less burst and the flippable screen. I'm very happy with it, except for it being so small, but I got it thinking about the special not the size. I also could do with the scroll wheel having a better feeling to it considering its what I use the most, but I can survive. Battery life is good, and picture/video quality is amazing when you do it right. It was a bargain for what it is.

Lachy
February 15th, 2016, 01:16 AM
Just my iphone haha. Nothing special.

ImCoolBeans
February 22nd, 2016, 12:10 PM
I generally use a Nikon D3000, but I am learning how to use a Rolleiflex film camera right now.

Princess Ariel
February 23rd, 2016, 12:52 AM
I use the Canon 7D. However, I'm saving up for the Canon 5D Mark iii

Reghan
February 23rd, 2016, 05:52 AM
Ipod 5 camera xD

lightPainting
February 25th, 2016, 07:28 PM
i have the 1100d

CharlieHorse
February 25th, 2016, 07:56 PM
canon t3i when i want a good photo.
nexus 6p when i'm lazy, which actually has an amazing camera for a phone

benlodge123
March 4th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I use a Nikon L830. But saving for a PC then a Canon EOS 100d

Cristina15
March 15th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Hey guys! I was just wondering what kinds of cameras you guys use for your photos?

I personally cannot afford an expensive camera (my dream camera is the Canon EOS Rebel t6i) so I use my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. :D

I also have a couple older family cameras that I like to use to experiment with. I kind of have a fascination with older quality cameras. I like to see if I can get some good artistic shots with the older quality ones just for fun.

Don't laugh but I also like to use old Android phones that I own for experimentation shots.

Also, what types of photos do you guys like to take? Personally I really enjoy taking self-portraits (that sounds kind of narcissistic) but I don't like leaving my house often, so I just take pictures of myself. It kind of helps me become more comfortable with myself and my appearance too. It sort of reminds me of that one Frida Kahlo quote "I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best." My favorite self-portrait artist (and the only one I currently know about) is named Rita Lino (her photos are NSFW).

canon power shot G12...i am not an expert and i think this is a good camera

everlong
March 23rd, 2016, 06:40 PM
My phone

Freckles
April 7th, 2016, 04:57 PM
I have a Nikon D40 and a canon sx400 point and shoot.

jdhud024
April 13th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Three.

My main camera is the one that is always in my pocket, the 13 megapixel camera that is in my LG G3. Hands down the best camera in a smartphone back in 2014, and it still holds its own compared to the new cameras in 2016 smartphones. And that laser autofocus is on point.

My second is my Nikon D3200 DSLR. A few years old now, but still takes some impressive pictures, and pretty good 60 FPS 720p video, as well as 30 FPS 1080p video.

My third is my GoPro Hero 3 White edition because everyone loves GoPros.

My fourth is my Nikon Coolpix L120. A decent camera, with it not being DSLR.

Melodic
April 14th, 2016, 05:42 PM
I use my IPhone then I use Facetune for editing.

jdhud024
April 21st, 2016, 11:42 PM
I'm happy now, my mother got a newer DSLR from Nikon, and she gave me her Nikon D3200 DSLR.

I need to get Lightroom for Mac now that I have a camera that can take RAW images, but at least I have Final Cut Pro for video.

Endeavour
April 24th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I just use my phone for now but I'm thinking of getting a proper camera for when I go on holiday.