PDA

View Full Version : sorting out pictures on smartphone

larkin
February 14th, 2016, 04:19 PM
How do you guys manage and organize your datas on the phone like pics and video?

I really need a better overview in my galery but I just dont know how or where to start -.- but I dont want to delete everything neither. Do have a trick or a special app that helps you? I really need something to fix that :what:

Sailor Mars
February 14th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Photography :arrow: Tech Junky's Paradise

crazyBoyjJ
February 14th, 2016, 05:11 PM
I don't really, but it is much easier on your iPhone, because you can create albums, plus they already sort by date and location

Typhlosion
February 14th, 2016, 05:28 PM
You could use a file manager, like FX (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx&hl=en), to move files around and put them into different folders, just like your PC.

northy
February 17th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Load it onto my NAS.

larkin
February 17th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I don't really, but it is much easier on your iPhone, because you can create albums, plus they already sort by date and location

I don't have an iphone - I'm using a Samsung so I need a solution or something for Android :confused:
at least I got an Ipad haha

larkin
February 17th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Load it onto my NAS.

And then?! Just leave it there?! haha don't you ever feel like getting rid of those shitty pics like the blurred ones or duplicates?

And do you delete all of them from your cellphone afterwards? Because that's what I want to avoid. I want to keep some of them to look back at some vacation memories^^

Zachary G
February 17th, 2016, 04:49 PM
How do you guys manage and organize your datas on the phone like pics and video?

I really need a better overview in my galery but I just dont know how or where to start -.- but I dont want to delete everything neither. Do have a trick or a special app that helps you? I really need something to fix that :what:

I use Dropbox to save and organize my pics and videos, this way I can keep my phone gallery clear but still access my pics from my phone or computer when i need to.

Uranus
February 17th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Samsung (or androids)
Have Drive and Photos (not gallery)
Which is cloud storage ( I think)
Which you can organise and not fill up your phones storage (or sd cards for that matter)

northy
February 18th, 2016, 07:05 AM
And then?! Just leave it there?! haha don't you ever feel like getting rid of those shitty pics like the blurred ones or duplicates?

And do you delete all of them from your cellphone afterwards? Because that's what I want to avoid. I want to keep some of them to look back at some vacation memories^^

I delete them from my phone and access them remotely. I do go through and get rid of the bad ones usually. I don't usually have that many photos on my phone though as I usually carry a proper camera.

larkin
February 21st, 2016, 04:55 PM
I use Dropbox to save and organize my pics and videos, this way I can keep my phone gallery clear but still access my pics from my phone or computer when i need to.

But how do you get so much storage for dropbox? Do you buy the GB for it? And do you upload it directly from your phone or from the Computer?

Zachary G
February 21st, 2016, 08:27 PM
You get so much free storage and the more you use they will create more free space for you. Once you put the app on your phone turn on the camera upload function for pictures and video and it will collect everything in your gallery automatically. Then after that evry picture you take will automatically be added to your dropbox.

larkin
February 27th, 2016, 01:59 PM
I wanted to try that with dropbox but my dropbox account is full and even if I delete something there is no more space for storage on it - what can I do to make it work?

A good friend of mine recommened the rat pack challenge for sorting out my pics to gain back some memory. So I tried it and downloaded the app. And it's really cute and fun. However, it is a game app and has some features and highscore. I'm still not sure about every function of that game but nevermind it helped me to gain back 600MB already :D Makes me soo happy :D:D

mahony0509
February 27th, 2016, 02:12 PM
You could just make an alternative dropbox account??

everlong
February 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Dropbox is good. It's nice and easy to use.

larkin
February 29th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Hahah I did make another dropbox account^^ However, this one I will use more wisely and only upload pictures I already chose keeping by the rat pack challenge. Thanks anyway guys for your tipps and advices! :-)

JoeS254
March 10th, 2016, 04:04 AM
There is no special trick to do this. You can connect your phone to your PC and create folders according to how you want to arrange your data and save all your stuffs. It will automatically be displayed in gallery like you arranged. I used to sort my data like that. Well this is the basic way. Now days I use dropbox which is another good option.

Cristina15
March 18th, 2016, 05:08 PM
i use icloud and google drive and an external 2TB disk to backup

You could just make an alternative dropbox account??

google drive i think works fine

Dropbox is good. It's nice and easy to use.

mmm yes i used it for a while then i start to use google drive...imo it is better

Posts merged. Please use the multi quote button next time. ~Mars

everlong
March 19th, 2016, 11:28 AM
mmm yes i used it for a while then i start to use google drive...imo it is better

I've only used Google drive for school. Don't know much about it.

Microcosm
March 23rd, 2016, 01:36 PM
Yeah my advice is to use some cloud service and just dump all the data into that, then start filling your phone again.

flowerchild
March 23rd, 2016, 04:25 PM
i use dropbox alot

robyfine
March 28th, 2016, 03:52 PM
To keep my pics and photos well organized, I've been using Google Photos app on my Smartphone. It's the best high quality photo storage I've ever used. I've never had such an order on my phone, really. Google Photos app is free for download on http://android.freepps.top/ . Good luck!

Jessica_N
June 13th, 2017, 09:18 PM
The cloud totally scares me. I move them onto a computer.

Sailor Mars
June 13th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Please don't bump threads with two or more months of inactivity :locked: