PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of HIV (Huge Mistake)

pianodude4
February 14th, 2016, 12:01 AM
I guess I'll start by saying how scared I am. I am really scared... I could potentially have ruined my life... This is also really embarrassing to talk about.

So I hooked up with this 16 year old guy today for purpose of experimentation. We did oral and we did anal with him on top. He cummed inside of me.

He said he's been with one other guy (college freshman) who had been with both one other guy for awkward oral and a girl. Later I found out the guy I was with had also done oral with a few other guys as well.

I did find out I'm without a doubt straight. I hated every single aspect of what we did, I'm disgusted, and won't do it again. Ever (not hating if you're gay and like it).

Anyways, I'm super scared of contracting hiv from one mistake :-( I don't know what to do... I wanted to have a family one day, get married and have kids... If I have it my whole life's ruined...

What are the chances of this guy having hiv or aids? I'm sorry. That was a mouthful. I just have nobody in my real life I can talk about this with... I just wish somebody could hug me and tell me it's all gonna be ok :'(

Sheriff McGregor
February 14th, 2016, 12:07 AM
Have you gotten tested? Did he use a condom (from his you described it, I'm guessing not)?

I recommend that you get tested. ASAP. The chances are slim. Keep you head up and be positive.

Worst case: If you have to tell your parents, you can lie and say it was from a woman to avoid embarrassment (not that it should be embarrassing but I noticed you live in Texas).

Best of luck, and it's probably nothing to worry about but I'd still get tested.

Mars
February 14th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Like Sheriff said, get tested immediately. Like immediately immediately. Good luck.

pianodude4
February 14th, 2016, 12:24 AM
He didn't. I don't get how I can have such good judgment on things and then I do something like this.

I'm trying to get something figured out as far as testing. I think I may have found one that does it anonymously (not on medical records) that I could use cash for. I heard it can't be detected until like 2-4 weeks though. And you should do another test after 3 months for 100% certainty. Is it possible to get tested sooner?

I like the woman suggestion if things do go for the worst. Especially since I live in Texas. Houston to be precise. They'd be stressed and upset, but at least they wouldn't know it was a guy, especially since I'm pretty positive I'm straight now.

And the chances really are slim? I won't feel complete relief until I'm tested, but they're slim?

Edit: I've found out there's an aids foundation in Houston that offers free testing by appointment. I'm probably going to go there. I'll look into making one for 2-4 weeks, and 3 months.

Deleted User
February 14th, 2016, 12:33 AM
Well, yeah, the chances are pretty slim unless you have reason to believe he had HIV/AIDS himself. Is there a reason you believe you might have gotten it? I'm not saying you shouldn't get tested for STDs after being with someone who has had multiple previous partners but you probably shouldn't worry about something like this.

Get tested and just relax.

pianodude4
February 14th, 2016, 12:38 AM
It's the multiple partner thing that is making me worry. He was pretty convinced that he doesn't have anything and said I was being way too paranoid. The other guys he was with were friends of friends and the guy he went all the way with was a college freshman that he also believed was clean.

Maybe I am worrying too much. I'm gonna need to be treated for an ulcer if I keep it up. It's just such a painful thought knowing what you can do to your life in less than 30 minutes. You can never be too cautious.

Edit: I'm thinking of buying the oraquick home test and meeting up with that guy again so he can take the test. I wouldn't have to wait 3 months to know since it's already been that long for him.

Vermilion
February 14th, 2016, 03:20 AM
Go and see your Dr and tell them

Bontigo Papi .
February 14th, 2016, 05:08 AM
I wouldn't say you contracted HIV , looking at your story , but it is safe to get tested , I'd rather say you have a huge chance of a other STD besides HIV , but worse case scenario would be AIDs , and to prevent that , you need to get tested asap , go on anti-retrovirals , and just hope for the best .

Just because you might have HIV doesn't mean you ruined your life , trust me , I know , I live in the country with the highest HIV/AIDs rate and I've seen people live tell 70 , even after they got AIDS . Don't worry , stay positive , and everything will be alright .

Straya
February 14th, 2016, 05:38 AM
It's the multiple partner thing that is making me worry. He was pretty convinced that he doesn't have anything and said I was being way too paranoid. The other guys he was with were friends of friends and the guy he went all the way with was a college freshman that he also believed was clean.

Maybe I am worrying too much. I'm gonna need to be treated for an ulcer if I keep it up. It's just such a painful thought knowing what you can do to your life in less than 30 minutes. You can never be too cautious.

Edit: I'm thinking of buying the oraquick home test and meeting up with that guy again so he can take the test. I wouldn't have to wait 3 months to know since it's already been that long for him.

honestly man i wouldnt trust the oral test the only sure way to know is go to the doctors and get tested properly

pianodude4
February 14th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the support and advice guys. I'm feeling a little better about this today. I'm gonna get tested in the coming months.

I was just thinking that in addition to that, I could get the oral test kit to have the guy take. Since he won't go get tested, I can bring the test to him. Short term relief until I get tested by a doctor. I'm feeling positive, but not hiv positive (had to do that lol). I feel better anyways. Thanks. I'll update you guys as I figure things out.

StoppingTom
February 14th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Dunno about where you live, but Planned Parenthood does free on-the-spot HIV tests here. Maybe you have something like that?

Porpoise101
February 14th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I think you will be OK, and as others have said, it's best to get tested sooner rather than later.

dbfordateam
February 14th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Best of Luck man! Hope everything goes as plan, your health is in my prayers and thoughts.

Babs
February 14th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Get tested immediately. It is a lot easier to treat if you catch it early.

Golden rule: always use condoms.

Thunderstorm
February 14th, 2016, 05:01 PM
I guess I'll start by saying how scared I am. I am really scared... I could potentially have ruined my life... This is also really embarrassing to talk about.

So I hooked up with this 16 year old guy today for purpose of experimentation. We did oral and we did anal with him on top. He cummed inside of me.

He said he's been with one other guy (college freshman) who had been with both one other guy for awkward oral and a girl. Later I found out the guy I was with had also done oral with a few other guys as well.

I did find out I'm without a doubt straight. I hated every single aspect of what we did, I'm disgusted, and won't do it again. Ever (not hating if you're gay and like it).

Anyways, I'm super scared of contracting hiv from one mistake :-( I don't know what to do... I wanted to have a family one day, get married and have kids... If I have it my whole life's ruined...

What are the chances of this guy having hiv or aids? I'm sorry. That was a mouthful. I just have nobody in my real life I can talk about this with... I just wish somebody could hug me and tell me it's all gonna be ok :'(

You have nothing to worry about if he didn't have the virus. That being said, you don't know the sexual history of all of his partners. Getting tested is the safest way to find out.

Cognizant
February 14th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Well, if he didn't have it, you can't get it. However, if you didn't ask, the answer can be very ambiguous. Testing is going to get you the clear and concise results

Honestly, I'd much rather trust a lab at a clinic than an at-home test, especially if your insurance copay is cheap. You can get it done by your Primary Care Physician, Urgent/Same-day care clinic, Hospital outpatient services if your local hospital has one, or, of course, Planned Parenthood. Again, the cost for the test depends on your insurance. It was only $45 to get my test done at my doctors office, cheaper than it would've been at Planned Parenthood because my insurance isn't accepted at PP. They might do it pro-bono if you give them a sob story though. Regardless of where you go, they're going to help you, free of judgement. Physicians and Lab Techs are humans too; they know that it's perfectly normal to experiment and try different things. :)

Also, the test doesn't necessarily take 3 months to get the results back. As you can see by the time at the bottom of the picture, mine only took a few hours (but I did get it done at a hospital so their lab was probably a lot larger and more efficient):

http://i.imgur.com/bzDLdlJ.png

Hope that helps a little bit. But if you choose to experiment in the future, or even have sex with someone you like, just whip a condom on. It's so much safer.

Lachy
February 15th, 2016, 03:15 AM
Chances are very slim that you got it in this scenario. However it was very poor judgement to have sex without a condom. Even if he had the virus it's not certain that it would be passed on. If you do fear you have been exposed to HIV the best thing you can do is immediately go on post exposure treatment drugs. These are drugs you take for a month or so to dramatically reduce the chances of contracting the virus after exposure. They do however have the greatest chance of success the less time that has passed from exposure to treatment begining. Ideally you should start taking the drugs within 24 hours, and I have read that once 72 hours has passed there is really no point as it's too late for them to work.

There is also PREP which is a drug that reduces the chances of contracting HIV if taken regularly. If you are someone who plans on having lots of sexual partners it might be worth talking to the doctor about this. (remember HIV can be spread through gay and straight sex, it's not just a male/male thing, the only reason that HIV is spread more in the gay community is because of the high rates of anal sex. Straight people have anal sex too so and are more likely to not use condoms due to thinking it's fine due to no pregnancy risk.)

pianodude4
February 15th, 2016, 08:11 PM
I'm definitely not planning on having multiple partners. This was a serious lapse in judgement and I don't know why I would do this. This isn't something I would normally do... I feel stupid. I guess this is what it's like to be young and stupid.

Anyways, I'm just going to assume I don't have it right now, so I don't give myself an ulcer or something from the stress. I'm, without a doubt, going to get tested. Once at 4 weeks, another at 3 months, and lastly at 6 months to be 100% sure.

I want to thank everybody who's posted a response. It does make me feel a little better about all of this. It's just nice to have people to talk to.

Uniquemind
February 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM
I'm definitely not planning on having multiple partners. This was a serious lapse in judgement and I don't know why I would do this. This isn't something I would normally do... I feel stupid. I guess this is what it's like to be young and stupid.

Anyways, I'm just going to assume I don't have it right now, so I don't give myself an ulcer or something from the stress. I'm, without a doubt, going to get tested. Once at 4 weeks, another at 3 months, and lastly at 6 months to be 100% sure.

I want to thank everybody who's posted a response. It does make me feel a little better about all of this. It's just nice to have people to talk to.

Remember to post your results back!

Mikeymic
April 13th, 2016, 12:31 AM
Defintiely just get yourself tested!

Uranus
April 13th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Just get yourself tested, I highly doubt you will get HIV or AIDS.

Uniquemind
April 14th, 2016, 11:02 PM
While your at it request they test for herpes too.

Herpes is so prevalent that my doctor told me that in some lab tests they just assume people have it or will catch it at some point. So they don't bother testing for it since by default unless it's requested to save on doctor/lab technician medical costs.

Harrier
April 16th, 2016, 12:36 PM
While your at it request they test for herpes too.

Herpes is so prevalent that my doctor told me that in some lab tests they just assume people have it or will catch it at some point. So they don't bother testing for it since by default unless it's requested to save on doctor/lab technician medical costs.

Several girls I have been with told me that they have herpes. The first time, it scared the crap out of me, to the point where I almost wanted to just like bolt away from her! Now it's almost like I expect a girl to tell me she has herpes. Still tho, hearing what you said coming from the doctor or whatever is scary!

Uniquemind
April 16th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Several girls I have been with told me that they have herpes. The first time, it scared the crap out of me, to the point where I almost wanted to just like bolt away from her! Now it's almost like I expect a girl to tell me she has herpes. Still tho, hearing what you said coming from the doctor or whatever is scary!

I dropped facts like this all the time in 6th grade health class.

I freaked everybody out.

Harrier
April 17th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I dropped facts like this all the time in 6th grade health class.

I freaked everybody out.

Omg when I first read this I thought you meant that u got herpes in 6th grade haha. I always freak out when I hear std/sti stats ... they're scary af!! Idk anyone who has them except one guy and the handful of girls that I messed around with ... but apparently many of my friends are keeping secrets from me :eek:

ethan-s
May 2nd, 2016, 08:52 PM
Just don't smash before you're married. Sorry, had to say it.