PDA

View Full Version : Man bun

Sheriff McGregor
February 12th, 2016, 10:53 PM
So I already have a really long flow going and can easily do a man bun. My thought was do get a fade, (I believe it's called an undercut man bun). I was hoping to get some opinions on how this might look. All advice is heavily appreciated

SethfromMI
February 12th, 2016, 10:56 PM
I got to be honest, I think the man bun look is not very good looking at all. but if that is what you want more power to you

dbfordateam
February 12th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Ive seen it and it looks really dope with dark color hair which you have based off your profile pic. I personally say go for it. Have you bunned up your hair without the fade before?

Sheriff McGregor
February 12th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Ive seen it and it looks really dope with dark color hair which you have based off your profile pic. I personally say go for it. Have you bunned up your hair without the fade before?

I don't do buns everyday because genetically I will have a receding hairline and a tight bun pulls the hair back too much. But yes, I do wear my hear in a bun regularly.

dbfordateam
February 12th, 2016, 11:06 PM
How long did it take for you to grow out your hair? Just wondering not relevance to the topic. And from your response since you said regularly maybe it's time to jazz things up, plus you can do a lot of other hair styles with the undercut, you can do a comb over also I believe.

Sheriff McGregor
February 12th, 2016, 11:15 PM
How long did it take for you to grow out your hair? Just wondering not relevance to the topic. And from your response since you said regularly maybe it's time to jazz things up, plus you can do a lot of other hair styles with the undercut, you can do a comb over also I believe.

When I was 11 I started growing out a ponytail which I braided everyday. Then when I was 16 it was really long like down to my waist and I had it cut to just past shoulder length.

With the undercut, I might want to get holes in my ears. I don't think my mom will be happy about it and as long as I'm under her roof I should respect her rules. I'll have to wait until August, because I'll be at university and I will be on my own.

I'll also have a narly beard to go with it. I go to a catholic high school and they make me shave. So, I have to wait until I graduate (in June) to start growing my beard.

dbfordateam
February 12th, 2016, 11:19 PM
When I was 11 I started growing out a ponytail which I braided everyday. Then when I was 16 it was really long like down to my waist and I had it cut to just past shoulder length.

With the undercut, I might want to get holes in my ears. I don't think my mom will be happy about it and as long as I'm under her roof I should respect her rules. I'll have to wait until August, because I'll be at university and I will be on my own.

I'll also have a narly beard to go with it. I go to a catholic high school and they make me shave. So, I have to wait until I graduate (in June) to start growing my beard.

Yeah I wish I could grow facial hair. Ok so maybe 2 years to get a good length. I think you should really go for it, its college live life! I cant wait till I get to college

Lachy
February 13th, 2016, 02:14 AM
Very few people can pull off a man bun ahha.
It either looks terrible or great. Pretty much no in between.

Desuetude
February 13th, 2016, 03:13 AM
Man buns can look half decent when it's a whole head of hair. With the undercut they tend to look completely stupid so I'd really suggest you think about it. Its up to you in the end because you might find it completely works for you but all the guys I've seen try the undercut bun can't pull it off very well if at all.

Vermilion
February 13th, 2016, 03:18 AM
I got to be honest, I think the man bun look is not very good looking at all. but if that is what you want more power to you

I have to agree with you fully

Abhorrence
February 13th, 2016, 09:49 AM
With long hair I think a bun looks good but not with an undercut. Although I guess it can look good, but not from my perspective. I'd keep the long hair. :)

Sheriff McGregor
February 13th, 2016, 11:37 AM

Thank you. I appreciate the honesty.

Very few people can pull off a man bun ahha.
It either looks terrible or great. Pretty much no in between.

Man buns can look half decent when it's a whole head of hair. With the undercut they tend to look completely stupid so I'd really suggest you think about it. Its up to you in the end because you might find it completely works for you but all the guys I've seen try the undercut bun can't pull it off very well if at all.

With long hair I think a bun looks good but not with an undercut. Although I guess it can look good, but not from my perspective. I'd keep the long hair. :)

See, I feel as if pull off a good man bun. I will definitely think about the undercut. I want to wait until around June because that is when I will have the beard going, regardless of the hairstyle.

I am thinking about gauges and I feel as if they look better with the undercut. I'm going to be a teacher so that may not be the best idea in the long run. I still have time to figure this hole thing out. Pun.

Abhorrence
February 13th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I am thinking about gauges and I feel as if they look better with the undercut. I'm going to be a teacher so that may not be the best idea in the long run. I still have time to figure this hole thing out. Pun.

Do it man! I love my stretchers. Though, yeah, maybe the educational career path may not appreciate it much. Although, times are changing.

Desuetude
February 13th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Really think about stretchers, too. One; they'll take months and months to stretch to a decent size so just make sure you plan for that because stretching quickly does way more harm than good. Two; like Jack said, certain professions really look down on modifications like that. I can't find myself a part time job because of my coloured hair and stretchers even though my CV has 5x the amount of stuff the average kid my age might have. Its a piss take but you have to think about your future when looking into permenant modifications.

Go a few millimetres and take care of your lobes and the hole should shrink back and be no problem if you ever feel the need to take them out. Just be careful.

mahony0509
February 13th, 2016, 01:23 PM
The man bun is really 'in' at the moment round these parts. I don't like them personally and think we should leave long hair to girls.

zack.zack
February 13th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I have seen the bun with the undercut and I think it looks really nice on most guys with dark hair and I think you have the looks and could get away with it.

Sheriff McGregor
February 13th, 2016, 02:12 PM
The man bun is really 'in' at the moment round these parts. I don't like them personally and think we should leave long hair to girls.

I don't mean to sound like a hipster but, I had one before it was cool.

I have seen the bun with the undercut and I think it looks really nice on most guys with dark hair and I think you have the looks and could get away with it.

Thank you!

Mars
February 13th, 2016, 02:24 PM
...think we should leave long hair to girls.
excuse you what

And yeah, Sheriff, depending on what type of undercut you get and if you do a fade with it, it would look pretty dope imo

mahony0509
February 13th, 2016, 02:36 PM
excuse you what

Long hair looks MUCH better on girls.

Sheriff McGregor
February 13th, 2016, 02:38 PM
excuse you what

And yeah, Sheriff, depending on what type of undercut you get and if you do a fade with it, it would look pretty dope imo

Thank you!

I've seen girls with short hair that look ����

Mars
February 13th, 2016, 02:54 PM

http://i.imgur.com/S3ZcpOP.jpg?1

maritza
February 17th, 2016, 03:12 AM
honestly i hate the man bun style i hope it goes out of fashion soon

Jordan99
February 29th, 2016, 06:23 PM

I agree with Seth. Not a very attractive look on you guys. Just my humble opinion.

BlackParadePixie
February 29th, 2016, 08:57 PM
man buns are ridiculous

everlong
February 29th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Depends on the person

ImCoolBeans
February 29th, 2016, 09:34 PM
I would keep the flow. I can get my hair in a bun now, but I'm not really a big fan and only will if I'm wearing a hat at work or if my hair is wet and I'm going to sleep. I don't think it's a bad look per se, but long hair is cool and wouldn't cut it just to wear a bun. If you do that you might not be happy with your hair when it's not in a bun.

Sheriff McGregor
February 29th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I would keep the flow. I can get my hair in a bun now, but I'm not really a big fan and only will if I'm wearing a hat at work or if my hair is wet and I'm going to sleep. I don't think it's a bad look per se, but long hair is cool and wouldn't cut it just to wear a bun. If you do that you might not be happy with your hair when it's not in a bun.

I ended up getting the undercut. But because my hair is very thick and parts to the side naturally, I can still rock the flow when I don't wear it up.

Iri_dium
June 10th, 2016, 08:25 PM
I agree with Seth. Not a very attractive look on you guys. Just my humble opinion.

I can't totally agree because I think that such buns look rather cool but they simply don't fit the certain men :confused: It's a pity but some guys with such style always make me think about hipsters and all the same unattractive styles :lol: For me the best ideas for long hair is just let it freely flow or to make pony tails like here (http://machohairstyles.com/best-ponytail-hairstyles/13/), or braids :) I think that such styles are perfect for handsome but at the same time masculine guys :):D

Drewboyy
August 13th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Only loose man buns look appealing, and definitely not if it's too high on your head. Also if you play sports, you get a free pass for having one