PDA

View Full Version : Fat legs chafing

junebug
February 12th, 2016, 10:15 PM
So I was already pretty fat when I was in sophomore P.E. last year, and I basically haven't exercised since then. I've gotten fatter though and now my inner thighs rub a bunch when I walk. I have to keep pushing my pants up into my crotch to stop it from hurting if I'm walking more than just around the house. What can I do to stop the chafing? It looks ridiculous when I push my pants up but it hurts otherwise.

West Coast Sheriff
February 12th, 2016, 10:57 PM
You could use compression shorts beneath your pants in replacement of underwear. Maize or cornstarch will help when the problem arises. There are also body lotions that could combat the chafing and, I imagine Vaseline makes a good remedy. Other than that, exercise could help if you lose the adipose tissue in an attempt to eliminate the problem altogether.

CuteGuy889
February 13th, 2016, 04:36 AM
Even a pair of boxer-briefs might help...which extend a bit down..

Chafing is something I never worried abt....When I has legs like sticks I could free-ball all day...plenty of room in my jeans...

After putting on some last 2 years my ball sac started to rub on my thighs and now if I free ball my bubble butt rubs my jeans chaffing my butt crimson red....So I always wear good fitting briefs to pick my stuff from low between thighs and point them fron...

pianodude4
February 14th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Dove scent free women's deodorant. Put it on all the places where you have the chafing. Works wonders.

Straya
February 14th, 2016, 05:39 AM
So I was already pretty fat when I was in sophomore P.E. last year, and I basically haven't exercised since then. I've gotten fatter though and now my inner thighs rub a bunch when I walk. I have to keep pushing my pants up into my crotch to stop it from hurting if I'm walking more than just around the house. What can I do to stop the chafing? It looks ridiculous when I push my pants up but it hurts otherwise.

get some compresion shorts

amgb
February 14th, 2016, 06:18 PM
To help with the pain, keep the chafing areas dry. Apply powder or something and don't stay in sticky damp clothing. For the clothing, don't wear cotton, and compression shorts^ is a good idea. The areas that are rubbing against each other could get infected if you don't keep it clean, so try and keep it as clean as you can. If your inner thighs ever start getting overly itchy or swollen I'd advise for you to have it checked with a doctor so they can help treat it~~

junebug
February 17th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Dove scent free women's deodorant. Put it on all the places where you have the chafing. Works wonders.

Can I use my deodorant or is there something special about that one?

northy
February 17th, 2016, 03:15 PM
I think that most of the posts on this thread are just work-arounds. At some point, you are going to have to face facts and do something about it, exercise is a good place to start. Try starting with a brisk walk and move up (at your own pace, but still pushing yourself) towards 5K. If you don't do something, it won't get better, likely worse.
I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but someone needs to tell you.

junebug
February 18th, 2016, 08:02 PM
I live in a really fat area. More of my guy friends have moobs than don't. I literally don't know anyone who excercises after they stop being forced to take PE. Compression shorts work fine and they're what I used when we walked the mile in school, but I only have one pair and wasn't really wanting to go out and buy a bunch of them. I tried using deodorant and it helped, but really just felt like I was sweaty all day long.

amgb
February 18th, 2016, 10:08 PM
I am not trying to avoid saying exercise isn't important; it is. Exercising is a good but more long-term solution to the chafing. I understand it can be difficult to be motivated to exercise, especially when you're doing it alone. If you're going to come up with an exercise plan doing it with your doctor, your family members and friends, or even a neighbour is easier than having to do it by yourself. That being said, if you prefer planning and making goals for yourself that's okay too. Push yourself, but start small and start with things you can manage. Also, try and drink around 8 glasses of water a day. If you're dehydrated your body temperature will rise and you'll sweat more. And lemon juice is a good deodorant, I know it sounds weird but it could reduce the sweating slightly:)

pianodude4
February 19th, 2016, 04:01 PM
If you're gonna go down the exercise route which you should eventually, you should see about joining an online support community. To start exercising, you're going to need support whether it comes from the internet or not.

Check out spark teens. It can help you formulate exercise and eating plans and has articles to educate you on a healthy lifestyle. Plus, it has a great community.

junebug
February 21st, 2016, 04:04 PM
I might excercise eventually, but for now i have been using deodorant on my legs for a few days and they stopped being bright red all over. Now theres just like red lines on the inside of my thighs that I never noticed before, but they don't hurt or anything, so hopefully they'll go away too. I finally asked my best friend whos a good bit fatter than me if his legs rubbed, and he told be to get bodyglide, which is apparently ment for fat thighs.

junebug
March 6th, 2016, 07:10 PM
OHMYGOD bodyglide feels like jesus is in between my legs keeping them from touching at all. I completely forgot about the chafing after using it for a few days and even walked over 3,000 steps the other day without a problem. I still have the red lines that look like a bear attacked my thighs, does anyone know what those are?