PDA

View Full Version : When do you think I will get my first period? (I'm 16)

CupcakeLuv101
February 12th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Okay so don't know if any of you remember but EXACTLY A YEAR AGO I created this forum http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221060 asking you guys when you think I will get my first period and at that time I was 15. Many of you guessed I would probably get it within a year or a couple months..... But guess what. It's been a year. I'm 16. And I still haven't gotten my period?????

PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221060 and I'll give you an update on myself.

So yeah my mom started hers when she was 14 but I'm 16 and I still haven't gotten it. My boobs have not grown AT ALL in the past year. I'm still in breast bud stage with zero tissue underneath. I can't even fit into a proper cup bra I wear training bras still which is pretty ridiculous. With underarm hair, I still have a few pieces but I still need to shave. And I have a few pieces of pubic hair but that's it. Also, a very few leg hairs which are barely visible and literally zero arm hair. I've been getting heavy discharge everyday for the past year and a half but I've been getting discharge for OVER TWO YEARS. I also never had a growth spurt either, and again I grow only an inch a year.....

So now I am 5"2 and weigh 95-100 pounds. I try to gain weight but it's nearly impossible for me. I have a very fast metabolism. So same question. When do you think I will get my first period?

Uniquemind
February 12th, 2016, 12:22 PM
If it doesn't happen by age 17, and you're eating a healthy diet, and maybe a couple pints of "Ben and jerry's" and you still aren't gaining weight, see a doctor.

LITTLEANGEL16
February 12th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Hiya, am 15 and a late bloomer also no full regular periods yet just spotting etc, my boobs!!! are just very puffy areola and nipped and no real boob growth. I only wear a training bra just to school to stop my nips showing through my uniform shirt. I shave my pubic hair since it first started around 14.
My mum and aunt (mums sister) were also late bloomers so I also expected to be. But if you are worried about it you should talk to your doctor or a nurse at school or wherever you feel comfortable. I have seen quite a few girls at 15 and 16 who are late bloomers, everyone is different and am sure you have nothing to worry about if your healthy otherwise.
Take Care XX :)

Splat
February 12th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I don't know whether this'll help you at all. Someone else was in a similar situation and this was my response:
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3292200

angelina
February 14th, 2016, 12:17 AM
So yeah my mom started hers when she was 14 but I'm 16 and I still haven't gotten it. My boobs have not grown AT ALL in the past year. I'm still in breast bud stage with zero tissue underneath.
Nothing to be worried...it happened to my cuz's aunt..she is recently got married and ok..You may be a late bloomer and some times it may depends on hereditary..any how you can consult your family doctor.

CupcakeLuv101
February 21st, 2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks to all who have answered.

Doro15
February 24th, 2016, 08:55 AM
you get your period when your body think it is the right time